Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
M3 LTW @ IRS auction - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: M3 LTW @ IRS auction

over in the track section of bf.com, someone actually went and looked at this car. i guess they can't give it away because it is a pos that has been in several accidents, poorly repaired and the interior is smoker damaged. suspension is shot. evidently it has been on ebay several times.

quote from the thread....
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The auction has ended..but that wasn't a sacm...rather a HORRIBLE example of an E36 M3 though.

I too saw this car and luckily for me it was local and both my brother and I have been looking for E36's. I got all excited to find this car and immediatly attempted to contact them via e-mail as I couldn't find a phone number. 3 days later I finally get a call back and arrange to see the car.

We get there...and the lot owner is driving the car every day...which is fine but you'd expect for them to at least vacuum the car before we show up right? It's being smoked in on a daily basis, there's a cigarette burn in the drivers cloth vader insert probably from the dealer, there's a stain in the alcantera in the rear that doesn't appear as though it's going to come out, The clips to hold the rear bench in place are broken,there are no floor mats in the car and it's winter here in Ohio hence the carpets are going through hell, the glove box door does not fit correctly, the trunk liner is greasy/dirty...and this is just the start.

There has been LOTS of body work on the car. Carfax verifies it's been in an accident and it would appear as though the entire front clip has been replaced/painted. Paint wasn't HORRIBLE but reassbembly was a nightmare. Under the hood you can see where it appears as though they lost the factory fasteners to mount the fenders up around the air box area and just used hardware store bolts to finish things up. The rear trunk also appears to have been painted and the clips holding the lining to the trunk are mostly broken. When you open the trunk it nearly slams off of the rear glass of the car because it needs new struts. The rear bumper has also been replaced and there are rub marks in the corners where it doesn't line up correctly and the origional red paint is showing through. The sideskirts appear to have rather bad paint and overspray on them. All windows are tinted except for the passengers door. Passenger door handle is very tight and seems to be binding. Door handles on the outside have been painted with what appears to be spray paint (you can see the black through the white because no primer was used and there's not enough paint on them.

Well...sounds like a good track car right (thats what I was looking for)...lets go for a drive. Mechanically the motor and tranny seemed fine and actually the car ran really well for a 95 with no apparent mods other than a catback. BUt it needed completely gone through in order to be mechanically sound. RTAB's def. need replaced as one stab of the gas and it nearly changed lanes on you. This also led me to be frightened of rear sub frame issues but I never got serious enough about the car to inspect further. Steering feel was VERY vague and floaty hence I'm guessing it will need front control arm bushings as well. Front rotors are slightly warped, rears are not warped but have rather large grooved in them. The dealer installed H&R sport springs on the stock shocks which by all means feel to be in need of replacement anyhow.
    Last edited by mlytle; 01-09-2006 at 10:08 PM.

Marshall,

Do you have the URL? I searched BimmerFest and BimmerForums for this car & didn't see it or it's VIN -- just making sure that we're talking about the same M3 LTW.

BTW, I've also verified the VIN (EH07424) as an LTW.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Marshall,

Do you have the URL? I searched BimmerFest and BimmerForums for this car & didn't see it or it's VIN -- just making sure that we're talking about the same M3 LTW.

BTW, I've also verified the VIN (EH07424) as an LTW.
    it is on the front page of the track forum on bimmerforums.com. it was posted in today. think the subj is ltw on ebay.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=465025

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    I've also verified the VIN (EH07424)
    Yup, it's real. Here's the offical data:

Vehicle information
    VIN long WBSBF932XSEH07424
    Type code BF93
    Type M3 (USA)
    Dev. series E36 (2)
    Line 3
    Body type COUPE
    Steering LL
    Door count 2
    Engine S50US
    Cubical capacity 3.00
    Power 176
    Transmision HECK
    Gearbox MECH
    Colour ALPINWEISS 3 (300)
    Upholstery SONDERPOLSTERUNG/OHNE FARBANGABE (Z1XX)
    Prod. date 1995-09-04
    Order options
    No. Description
    243 AIRBAG FOR FRONT PASSENGER
    325 REAR SPOILER
    710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    783 M FORGED WHEELS DOUBLE SPOKE
    818 MAIN BATTERY SWITCH
    919 ALUMINIUM DOORS
    925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE
    940 SPECIAL REQUEST EQUIPMENT
    Individual data
    Remaining interior trim: N5SW
    Processing individual
    Sign "individual"
    Z1XX Upholstery
    Folgender Umfang ist in Stoff Hurrican uni anthrazit
    (Sach.Nr. 2 138 309) darzustellen:
    - Sportsitze vorne, wie Schl.Nr. 481
    - Sitze hinten
    - Kopfstützen
    Folgender Umfang ist in Stoff Hurrican anthrazit/rot, 05-20
    (Sach.Nr. 2 138 312) darzustellen:
    - Sitzmittelbahnen vorne und hinten
    Bodenteppich anthrazit vom E36/2 4-Zylinder.
    Restliche Innenausstattung wie bei Leder Nappa schwarz,
    Schl.Nr. N5SW
    0940 Special request
    S O N D E R S E R I E M 3 U S C S L
    -----------------------------------------
    Federung wie M3 ECE.
    Dämpfung wie M3 ECE.
    Hinterachsübersetzung verkürzt, 3,23:1 (Sach.Nr. 2 227 924)
    - Frontspoiler/-Unterverkleidung analog M3 GT (BF99)
    - Heckflügel wie SA 325, mit integrierter Bremsleuchte
    - Stoßleiste Tür li/re mit Logo "BMW Motorsport International"
    wie M3 GT (BF99)
    verbauen.
    - Heckscheibe und Ablegeboden wie M3 ECE.
    - Schallisolierung und Antidröhnmatten reduziert
    - Entfall Frontklappen/Heckklappenverkleidung
    - Entfall Werkzeugkasten
    * Kohlefaserverblendungen , Umfang wie M3 GT (BF99)
    * Blende Einstieg in Kohlefaser-Optik mit "BMW Motorsport
    International"-Logo wie M3 GT (BF99)

Marshall, the car you're talking about is a 95 M3 with cloth vaders and no sunroof. This car at the auction is LTW.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    it is on the front page of the track forum on bimmerforums.com. it was posted in today. think the subj is ltw on ebay.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=465025
    The LTW I'm talking about isn't on eBay, it's the subject of a Federal Government Tax Evasion auction.

in the words of a great snl comedienne....."NEVERMIND!"

geez, you would think i would pay more attention to the thread.....too many forums...too little thinking...

i now return you to the guessing as to how much the ltw at the gov't auction will go for...

No problem.

I'm guessing it'll go for around tree-fitty.

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    i now return you to the guessing as to how much the ltw at the gov't auction will go for...
    A lot I am guessing, probably around $30K sadly if it is mint.

Anyone seen this one up close yet?

If mint, and has all the LT Wparts, high $30K range would not be out of line. And get the wrong people involved, and it could go for more.

If some of the LTW stuff is missing, most of it can be found, but some parts (oil pan) are hard to find and NOT cheap.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone
    If some of the LTW stuff is missing, most of it can be found, but some parts (oil pan) are hard to find and NOT cheap.
    Want to learn, here. What's with the oil pan? Is it a dual sump?
    Tom
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

Another "Ahhhh!" Dual pick ups. One on each side, I presume.
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Actually the front pickup is pumped to the rear section of the pan. So not a truely dual pickup, but serves the same purpose. Also larger sump with higher oil capacity.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

So, anyone here end up going?

Thread Information