Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
M3 LTW @ IRS auction
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: M3 LTW @ IRS auction

Exclamation Verified LTW M3 @ IRS auction

While searching for a cheap tow vehicle, I came across a 1995 M3 LTW (VIN: WBSBF932XSEH07424; 12K miles) that will be auctioned off by the Department of the Treasury in Edison, NJ on January 26.

http://www.treasury.gov/auctions/customs/edison.html

No affiliation, just figured someone here might be interested...

(Ugly wheels, rusty rotors.)
    Last edited by SharkD; 12-30-2005 at 03:03 AM.

i want.
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

wish the auction was on a weekend
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm
    Whoa, it has the rare optional BMW V6!
    See -- even more collectable...

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1995 BMW M3 (WBSBF932XSEH07424). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
    The story of this 1995 BMW M3 (WBSBF932XSEH07424) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
    This coupe has had 1 owner in New York. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
    It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
    It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
    It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
    It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback.
    It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.
    Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
    1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
    Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
    2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
    Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
    Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
    3. LEMON CHECK®
    No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
    4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 1 Estimated Owner(s)
    Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Personal Vehicle
    5. RECALL CHECK
    BMW Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
    6. WARRANTY CHECK
    No Data Reported to CARFAX
    DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 3 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
    Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Year/Make/Model: 1995 BMW M3

Body Style: COUPE
    Engine: 3.0L L6 EFI DOHC 24V
    Fuel: GASOLINE
    Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
    Manufactured in: GERMANY
    Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

CARFAX searched more than 4 billion records from over 7,600 sources and found 3 record(s) for this 1995 BMW M3 (WBSBF932XSEH07424).

Date:
    Mileage Reading:
    Source:
    General Comments:

09/26/1995 US Customs
    Vehicle exported from
    Germany
    and imported to
    Newark, NJ

11/15/1995 New York
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    White Plains, NY
    Registered as
    personal vehicle

01/24/1996 2 New York
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    New York, NY
    Title issued or updated
    First owner reported
    Loan or lien reported
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

If that was a real LTW, I'd slap some angel eyes and 19" Hamanns on it then show that bad boy at import shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    If that was a real LTW, I'd slap some angel eyes and 19" Hamanns on it then show that bad boy at import shows.
    The VIN is sequential with documented LTWs... but I just realized that the rear wing isn't correct for an LTW (actually, it is), although it does have the front splitter... Is there any way to check if this was a factory LTW? (Terry checked the VIN, it is a real LTW.)
    Last edited by SharkD; 12-30-2005 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    The VIN is sequential with documented LTWs... but I just realized that the rear wing isn't correct for an LTW...
    Hmmmmm... that could cost me major points at the big shows like HIN.

The VIN is sequential with documented LTWs... but I just realized that the rear wing isn't correct for an LTW, although it does have the front splitter... Is there any way to check if this was a factory LTW?
    Actually from what I recall, the famous LTW wing (with the pedestals) were part of a trunk kit (along with other parts). I believe the standard M3 wing came along or could be had with it.

EDIT: The standard M3 wing came with it and the GT spoiler were part of the trunk kit:

http://www.geocities.com/my325is/LightweightM3vsM3.html
    Last edited by Jed; 12-29-2005 at 12:14 AM.

The pedestals are easily removeable, and in fact removing them for street makes a LOT of sense, since with them in place th ewing is just about centered in the rear view mirror, seriously obstructing the view.

The wing did come in the trunk (on easly cars, later ones had a form to fill out to order the special pieces). Also in the trunk were the X brace, strut brace, splitter and dual pickup oil pan. Everything except the oil pan are pretty readily available, for a price. The X brace later became standard on cabs. The strut brace is about $600, the splitter is about $1200. The oil pan, if you can find one, runs from $900 - $2000.

They list standard equipment as cassette radio, when real LTWs don't come with a radio (but the speakers and wiring are there).

OK, luckily I printed out the page from teh dissappeared yahoo groups LTW forum. Yes, EH07424 is listed in my source as being an LTW VIN.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

(Ugly wheels, rusty rotors.)
    THAT can be removed very, very easily. I see a road trip in my future.
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

sigh.... if only I'd won that $300M powerball, it'd be all mine

unfortunately, I'll be happy if I can afford some new wheels (actual wheels, not a car) for this upcoming season...

though it will be in my dreams...
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

After some serious thought about this I have come to this conclusion. A car that is 11 model years old with 12k miles will need some serious work since it has not been driven. I.E. all the belts, hoses [coolant & brake], gaskets [valve, valley, pan, rear mains etc.] tires, and so on, will need attention, if not replacement. Nope, this is not the car for me. But...that MB CL500 looks sweet!
    Tom
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Anyone care to WAG what price this will sell/auction for?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Anyone care to WAG what price this will sell/auction for?
    $29K.

Alex
    Interrobanged.

TeamWTF?!

Thread Information