Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
What did Santa bring for your Bimmer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What did Santa bring for your Bimmer?

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    I just signed the papers. I'll be moving in a couple weeks.

---Eric
    If you need any help moving, don't hesitate to call a moving company.

Quote Originally Posted by David Hicks
    If you need any help moving, don't hesitate to call a moving company.
    I'm going to figure out how to move the furniture next month. I've already moved a couple trips full of boxes and my truck holds much more than I expected. Of course I also have a lot more stuff than I thought I did.

I've been thinking that with the cost of gas, renting a truck, feeding friends/family soda/beer/pizza, etc... it might be cheaper to hire movers.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Eric - Did you buy a house? Townhouse? Condo? Cardboard box?
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    Eric - Did you buy a house? Townhouse? Condo? Cardboard box?
    House. About 10 miles north of my current place.

---Eric

Looks like I spoke too soon... If only Santa had brought me a new water pump, 'cuz now I need a new cooling fan, radiator and water pump.

Bad Santa!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    I'm going to figure out how to move the furniture next month. I've already moved a couple trips full of boxes and my truck holds much more than I expected. Of course I also have a lot more stuff than I thought I did.

I've been thinking that with the cost of gas, renting a truck, feeding friends/family soda/beer/pizza, etc... it might be cheaper to hire movers.

---Eric
    If you haven't opened the box since the last time you moved it you probably dont need it so either throw it out or donate it. If you are going to rent a truck usually U haul is the cheapest. If you are going to get new furniture for the new place have a garage/yard sale and get rid of the old stuff. Why pay to move it?
    And my last bit of advice is get chicken from KFC to just to piss off the terrorists at PETA instead of pizza. The Colonel rules! And no beer until after the move is complete and the truck returned.

Dave Apker

I got a new floor jack and a cordless impact set, and a new mirror for the MG. Better than socks and underwear...

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Looks like I spoke too soon... If only Santa had brought me a new water pump, 'cuz now I need a new cooling fan, radiator and water pump.
    All three failed at once? Or are you just having overheating issues and you are opting to replace everything?

Cooling system issues seem to be going around. My wife complained the other day that the 5er was stumbling when the engine was cold. I checked the ECU codes with the Peake tool and it had logged an issue with the thermostat. I did a visual inspection and discovered a leak around temp sensor. According to the Bentley book, the recommended cure is to replace the whole thermostat housing including the thermostat and the sensor. I now have a project that I had not planned on. Oh well.
    2001 330i (my car)

Flopping alternator tore up the water pump bearing, which wobbled at 4300+ RPM, which smashed the fan against the valve cover/distributor cover, sending pieces of the fan into the radiator.

The only thing to really be thankful of is the fact that it happened while test driving it in Durham, not halfway back to D.C. in Squirrel Level, VA. :\

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Flopping alternator tore up the water pump bearing, which wobbled at 4300+ RPM, which smashed the fan against the valve cover/distributor cover, sending pieces of the fan into the radiator.
    Ouch

That sucks big time. I guess this proves the saying, "Never underestimate the value of a good screw" or a bolt in this case. Well, I guess we know what you are doing this weekend.
    2001 330i (my car)

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    Well, I guess we know what you are doing this weekend.
    I wish that were the case... I have to be at work tomorrow morning & the radiator damage occurred too late on friday to get parts shipped... so the 6er got trucked to 1st Class Auto service in Raleigh... hopefully they'll have it fixed & find no other issues by the time my girlfriend, Katie, drives me back down on Thursday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    And my last bit of advice is get chicken from KFC to just to piss off the terrorists at PETA instead of pizza. The Colonel rules! And no beer until after the move is complete and the truck returned.

Dave Apker
    I could serve veal. That really seems to piss people off.

---Eric

Banned
    No not a little baby steer kept in very small pens so that they cant move and fed milk only. Almost as bad as lamb. Not! Soon it will be lambing season at my herding instructor. Yeah the little lambs are cute but all I can think of is lamb chops on the grill. Organic grass fed lamb. And the chops come with their own handles.

Dave Apker

Thanks to my "suggestion" to Santa, I got the following:
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...47&R=200304147

Discovered I lacked metric open end wrenches while replacing my sway bar links.

Also got a Powerball and Mothers metal polish for my new wheels (to be mounted on the car this spring).

Thread Information