Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: What did Santa bring for your Bimmer?

                  
   
  1. #1
    Senior Member SMOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    277

    What did Santa bring for your Bimmer?

    Now that Christmas is over, did Santa bring you the new coilover suspension kit you asked for?

    I guess I will start this off.

    Between the presents from my wife, my parents, her parents, and the kids, I got several goodies.

    Bentley Manuals for both cars.
    "Going Faster" by Carl Lopez (The book version of the Skip Barber racing school)
    iPod and IceLink for my car.
    And cash to use towards upgrades. (The UUC Sway Barbarians will be on order soon. )
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

  2. #2
    yup yup
    got a $100 gift certificate to Bavarian Auto
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

    it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

  3. #3
    Senior Member SMOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet
    yup yup
    got a $100 gift certificate to Bavarian Auto
    What do you plan to get?
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

  4. #4
    Senior Member SharkD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    519
    P/N: 07-11-9-912-567 (M8x1.5 90mm) bolt for M30 alternator mount - so that I can drive the 6er back to DC without fear of shedding the alternator belt.

    And some socks...
    Last edited by SharkD; 12-28-2005 at 07:26 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member SMOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    P/N: 07-11-9-912-567 (M8x1.5 90mm) bolt for M30 alternator mount - so that I can drive the 6er back to DC without fear of shedding the alternator belt.
    What happened? Did the 6er get stranded somewhere?
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Springfield, VA
    Posts
    135
    $100 to BavAuto, bought just paraphernalia, other than a replacement jackpad for my car, 5.95 or whatever. Got the Mobile Tradition poster set, a mouse pad, and a t-shirt, and still have a bunch of money left. I need to give them a call and see if they can get my windshield squirter valve in, its not in their catalog. I got the aforementioned "Going Faster" book from my mom, prior to Christmas. I got, from my uncle, an ex Formula Atlantic / Formula Ford driver, Carroll Smith's Drive To Win. I got some ramps from a random Volkswagen guy I met, which are probably the most useful of them all.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    mlytle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    381
    i got socks and a bell m4pro helmet, but my car got a bimmerworld ceramic 6 puck race clutch, front control arms, brake rotors, hawk ht10's, and a motorola racing radio setup....now i have a lot of work to do.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    mlytle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by dougmoney
    $100 to BavAuto, bought just paraphernalia, other than a replacement jackpad for my car, 5.95 or whatever. Got the Mobile Tradition poster set, a mouse pad, and a t-shirt, and still have a bunch of money left. I need to give them a call and see if they can get my windshield squirter valve in, its not in their catalog. I got the aforementioned "Going Faster" book from my mom, prior to Christmas. I got, from my uncle, an ex Formula Atlantic / Formula Ford driver, Carroll Smith's Drive To Win. I got some ramps from a random Volkswagen guy I met, which are probably the most useful of them all.
    that "going faster" book is a great one. i have lost count of how many times i have read my copy.

    the "drive to win" book is a good one too! my copy is seriously worn. the other books in the "xx to win" series are also highly recommended.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Springfield, VA
    Posts
    135
    Thanks, I may head to Borders later today, any other specific ones you would recommend?

  10. #10
    Senior Member AlfaEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    N. Potomac, MD
    Posts
    957
    My car got a new parking spot.

    ---Eric


    Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Clifton, VA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by dougmoney
    Thanks, I may head to Borders later today, any other specific ones you would recommend?
    Tune, to Win, Prepare to Win and Screw to Win otherwise known as Screws, Fasteners etc. Met Carroll Smith many years ago up at Summit Point. Regretted not getting him to autograph his books.

    BTW I got a new family member for Christmas. She was an early Christmas present. Kate is now 15 weeks old and just about housebroken. Wish the weather would cooperate so I can put her on sheep without a leash.

    Take a look at her pixs. Now I need a new ride. Used 3 series station wagon(non AWD), new Honda Element, new Xterra or new Pathy are my choices. X3 and X5 just dont have the room for 2 collies and neither has any real offroad capability. X3 and X5 are a waste of sheet metal and if I am spending that much money for a SAV I get a real SUV not a poseur. If Land Rover had the new Defender out that would be the collies first choice.

    Dave Apker

    Dave Apker

  12. #12
    Senior Member SharkD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    What happened? Did the 6er get stranded somewhere?
    Nah, it's fine -- although it may need a new giubo by the sound of it -- the lower alternator bolt had been crushed and the alternator was wiggling a bit much for my taste, causing a nasty droning that lasted from South Hill, VA all the way to Durham.

    It looks like the bolt wasn't properly torqued... J&F was the last shop to touch the alternator. Hmmmm....

  13. #13
    Senior Member SMOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    that "going faster" book is a great one. i have lost count of how many times i have read my copy.

    the "drive to win" book is a good one too! my copy is seriously worn. the other books in the "xx to win" series are also highly recommended.
    I have only read the introduction so far. I am glad to hear that it is worth the read. I will have to look at the other ones after I finish this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    My car got a new parking spot.

    ---Eric
    Eric - Did you move?

    Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    Now I need a new ride. Used 3 series station wagon(non AWD), new Honda Element, new Xterra or new Pathy are my choices. X3 and X5 just dont have the room for 2 collies and neither has any real offroad capability. X3 and X5 are a waste of sheet metal and if I am spending that much money for a SAV I get a real SUV not a poseur. If Land Rover had the new Defender out that would be the collies first choice.

    Dave Apker

    Dave Apker
    Any thought given to a 5 series wagon? My wife and I love ours. Very comfortable, lots of room for kids and their junk, and yet it can run rings around an SUV and cruise at triple digit speeds without much effort.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

  14. #14
    Senior Member AlfaEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    N. Potomac, MD
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    Eric - Did you move?
    I just signed the papers. I'll be moving in a couple weeks.

    ---Eric


    Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    112
    Santa brought me a 3-drawer craftsman toolbox. It's verra nice. Dad gave me a ABC fire extinguisher. I guess the Halon units were a tad expensive.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bimmer Rentals
    By bimmergirlfriend in forum Service
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 12:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •