Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
A small deer problem

Thread: A small deer problem

A small deer problem

I am still in disbelief... and you'll probably be too after reading this. I had a little altercation with a deer, but not how you'd think. I wasn't driving down the road, wasn't hot dogging it, wasn't even moving, wasn't even in the car...

My little Z was trampled on today. Car cover was ripped to shreds. There's hoof prints all over the quarter panel, trunk and rear bumper. Because of the snow I have yet to see if the roof is ok, I'm hoping it is. In short, the damned deer were tap dancing on my roadster.

Anyone know a good dent removal guy around here? And does anyone know the most effective way to "control" my little deer issue? . Thanks all.
    Last edited by weiss328is; 12-15-2005 at 10:25 PM.
    Joe (OO=[ll][ll]=OO)

Quote Originally Posted by weiss328is
    I am still in disbelief... and you'll probably be too after reading this. I had a little altercation with a deer, but not how you'd think. I wasn't driving down the road, wasn't hot dooging it, wasn't even moving, wasn't even in the car...

My little Z3 was trampled on today. Car cover was ripped to shreds. There's hoof prints all over the quarter panel, trunk and rear bumper. Because of the snow I have yet to see if the roof is ok, I'm hoping it is. In short, the damned deer were tap dancing on my roadster.

Anyone know a good dent removal guy around here? And does anyone know the most effective way to "control" my little deer issue? . Thanks all.
    Dang, you must have been really naughty this year for Santa to make a visit early and park his sleigh on your Z3. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Here is a thread for paintless dent removal. Hopefully there is one local to you within the thread.
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=840

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

deer problem...

Well, if you'll chase 'em out to the road, I can arrange for an "accident" involving the deer and my wrangler...I'm 1 for 2 with this method.....(unintentionally, of course...it's an expensive way to hunt!)

If you're in the Linganore area watch out on Boyer's Mill in the switchbacks near Gas House Pike. There's a couple of deer that have been staking out the area...I've seen them run out of the woods, across the road into someone's yard, and then dash back across the road again and back into the woods...on several occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by rwfisheriv
    Well, if you'll chase 'em out to the road, I can arrange for an "accident" involving the deer and my wrangler...I'm 1 for 2 with this method.....(unintentionally, of course...it's an expensive way to hunt!)

If you're in the Linganore area watch out on Boyer's Mill in the switchbacks near Gas House Pike. There's a couple of deer that have been staking out the area...I've seen them run out of the woods, across the road into someone's yard, and then dash back across the road again and back into the woods...on several occasions.
    My parents have a couple deer living in their yard that they would like to get rid of.

You know you have lost control of your yard when you have 1/8 acre (or less) and deer live there.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by rwfisheriv

Actually I'm in Lake Linganore, the big grey house a few houses down from the entrance on Boyer's Mill. The yard you see the deer running through I'm almost sure is mine. I almost whacked one a few nights ago in my 3 by the old church on Boyer's. Sorry to hear your jeep got hit... one by one we're taking them out.

And Eric, my yard is meeting place for the whole damned heard every morning... I feel for your parents . Thanks for the thread link.
    Joe (OO=[ll][ll]=OO)

Banned
    A Scottish deerhound would hunt them down and kill them. If you live out where I do in Clifton the coyotes keep the deer population down. There are rumors that the increase in the deer population in NOVA have led to the rare Eastern red wolf making an appearance in the area because of good hunting.

One late afternoon I was out walking Duncan at dusk in back of my house
    of leash. He took off. Next thing I know he is behind a herd of 6 deer including big poppa deer an tent pointer and they are heading towards me at full speed. Gee Duncan why cant you do this with sheep at a trial. Anyway I moved slowly out of their way. It was scary. they are a lot bigger than sheep. Duncan and I would have gotten max point for his outrun and fetch. Its great having a trained herding dog. Shame I cant discharge a firearm in Ffx legally.

Something must have spooked the deer for it to walk up your car.

Dave Apker, Duncan and Kate herding diva in training

if the deer had been to a few de's this wouldn't have been a problem...but since vert's aren't allowed in de's, i guess they were just taking out their frustrations!

I almost had an on-track collision with a large white-tailed doe on the Jefferson in November -- in a Barber Formula Dodge. Suffice it to say, I prefer the chapter's "No deer at the DE" policy.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    "No deer at the DE" policy.
    We actually do not have such a policy. A few years ago an E30 325? both had an untimely end when Bambi hopped onto the track just past the bridge.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I was kidding, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    I was kidding, of course.
    I know, but someone might believe it because they read on the internet.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Banned
    Grilled tenderloin of Bambi is great at drivers schools. Makes a high protein well balanced lunch. The collies prefer their venison raw and on the bone.
    Kate was on the BARF diet and had road kill venison before she converted to Roman Catholicism and kibble.

Alway hated October and November DS because of deer problem driving too Summit Point and at the track. Always had to careful first run and runs at the end of day but bambi could also come out in the middle of the day to test his speed against a M cars.

I heard PCA killed several of Santa's sleigh team at their last school at SUmmit Point.

Dave Apker

I almost killed the airdam on one of my E30's last night coming back from Mass. I was getting on 295 from 895 when a large Red tailed fox ran in front of me. Thank goodness I had the snow's on and I wasn't doing my normal rate of speed thru that awesome offramp.

Or I would have had a tail for my 3er.

Thread Information