Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
How do I adjust my Washer Jets

Thread: How do I adjust my Washer Jets

How do I adjust my Washer Jets

I just recently bought my BMW and I noticed that my passenger side washer jet actually sprays over the roof of the car, even clears the trunk. I don't know if the previous owner did this to spray tailgaters or what. I've tried to adjust them with just about everything I can I can fit in the hole and all I do is bend whatever I put in there. Is there a specific tool to use? Thanks
    Wes

There is actually a special tool. It kinda looks like one of those small telescoping magnets except it has a pin on one end. You extend it to see where the water will hit the window. A bit overkill. Have you tried using a pin? It doesn't take much to move the nozzle. It's easiest if you have someone working the washers while you make the adjustments. Also sometime wax or dirt can build up in the nozzle.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

a pin has always worked for me. if it ain't moving, spray a "little" wd40 on the nozzle to loosen it up. don't get the wd40 on the paint, it strips wax very nicely.

learned it from a friend who grew up in las vegas. story was that they would target, er, adjust their passenger side nozzle to aim to the right of the car, then drive around at night seeing how many hookers they could get wet on street corners. teenager amusement i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by mlytle
    learned it from a friend who grew up in las vegas. story was that they would target, er, adjust their passenger side nozzle to aim to the right of the car, then drive around at night seeing how many hookers they could get wet on street corners. teenager amusement i guess...
    Also useful for targetting the person working start at an autocross.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

I've tried the pin, but it just bends. The jets didn't work when I got the car so I pulled them off the car and sprayed comressed air through them. The driver side came out perfect. I guess I'll pull them off again and try the wd-40.

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyr777
    I've tried the pin, but it just bends. The jets didn't work when I got the car so I pulled them off the car and sprayed comressed air through them. The driver side came out perfect. I guess I'll pull them off again and try the wd-40.
    Are they spraying fairly evenly? If not, then something might be jammed in there. Try adjusting in the opposite direction of the way you want so you see if it is already to the maximum adjustment in that direction and it isn't jammed.

A small paperclip might fit and bend less than a pin.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thread Information