Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New BMWCCA Member

Thread: New BMWCCA Member

Smile New BMWCCA Member

Hi, I'm Heather and I just recently joined the BMWCCA to hopefully meet some likeminded German car fanatics who might be willing to talk shop with me. I was recently supposed to enter training to race with Ferrari but had to delay that for a while because I fell ill. I'm really starting to miss having car nuts around constantly to talk to and most of my racer friends are in Houston at the moment, so I'm left here in Virginia all alone without a single car friend to talk obsessively with about German (or Italian, I'm not picky) engineering. Unfortunately I don't see many social events coming up on the calendar any time soon, so I thought I'd just hop on here, say "Hi!", and hopefully meet some new people. Say hi back if you like - I'd certainly appreciate it.
    Thanks!

Hi Heather and welcome.

I think you will find that we are a friendly crowd that is willing to discuss just about anything related to cars. So feel free to make a comment on any of the current threads.

If you are looking for a "social" event, I will say that the autocrosses are pretty social. Most of the time we are just talking and waiting for our turn at the course. We have an autocross tomorrow at Ripken Statium and there are usually a few slots available for walk-ins. So bring your 318 out and join us.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    Hi Heather and welcome.

I think you will find that we are a friendly crowd that is willing to discuss just about anything related to cars. So feel free to make a comment on any of the current threads.

If you are looking for a "social" event, I will say that the autocrosses are pretty social. Most of the time we are just talking and waiting for our turn at the course. We have an autocross tomorrow at Ripken Statium and there are usually a few slots available for walk-ins. So bring your 318 out and join us.
    Yes, we will be allowing walk-ups at tomorrows autocross. It looks like we will have plenty of room. There will be lots of car nuts out there to talk to.

There is a holiday party in January and a winter karting league. Social events for next year haven't been added to the calendar yet.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Heck, just about every event is a social event.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Heather, did you ever get to drive for Scuderia Ferrari? Have you heard anything about the 430 CS? That car will be insane.

Welcome to the club from another member in Sterling.

If you're interested in just getting together for social GTG's, and don't mind driving 30-45 mins, there will be a get-together this Tuesday at the Chipotle in Kingstowne, VA, at 8:00PM. It would be awesome to see some new faces out there. We also normally have a photoshoot in conjunction, so it would be a good way to get some new pics of your car.

Quote Originally Posted by HLawver
    Hi, I'm Heather and I just recently joined the BMWCCA to hopefully meet some likeminded German car fanatics who might be willing to talk shop with me. I was recently supposed to enter training to race with Ferrari but had to delay that for a while because I fell ill. I'm really starting to miss having car nuts around constantly to talk to and most of my racer friends are in Houston at the moment, so I'm left here in Virginia all alone without a single car friend to talk obsessively with about German (or Italian, I'm not picky) engineering. Unfortunately I don't see many social events coming up on the calendar any time soon, so I thought I'd just hop on here, say "Hi!", and hopefully meet some new people. Say hi back if you like - I'd certainly appreciate it.
    Thanks!
    you should definitely check out www.eastcoasteuro.net

They hold weekly meetings in rockville

Thread Information