Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Summit Point pavement - Being Fixed?

Thread: Summit Point pavement - Being Fixed?

Question Summit Point pavement - Being Fixed?

Since there was some discussion of talking to BSR about the paving quality when we were at Shenandoah, I was just wondering if there was any word from Bill Scott about his intention to address these problems...

Specific Problems - Shenandoah:
    • Curbing (all of it)
    • Water seepage along Turn 3/Turn 4 seam
    • Blended seams for 'Pistol Grip' bypass
    • Disintegration of paving along centerline in Turn 14 (Rollercoaster)
    • Turn 18 patch disintegration
    All of those were listed in my Shenandoah DS comments on the feedback form.

In addition, after spending this weekend on the Jefferson (with Skip Barber), I have these observations - Jefferson:
    • Water seepage along inside apron seam approaching Turn 1 (cc-wise)
    • Subsidence of new patch at Turn 5 apex (cc-wise)
    • Subsidence of new patch at Turn 5 track-out (cc-wise)
    • Worsening subsidence of inside apron at Turn 7 first apex (cc-wise)
    • Gigantic hole (still there) at Turn 7 track-out/pit-in lane (cc-wise)
    Last edited by SharkD; 11-07-2005 at 10:00 AM.

The curbing on the right side of the Hook on SC is ridiculous. It goes in 3-4 feet and forces you to take that turn starting from the center of the track. That section needs to be redone, IMO.

geeez, i hope they fix the main track before putting any more effort on the sc. turns 5,6a,6b are horrible because the surface has come apart and been "repaired" so many times. it needs to be ripped up and redone from scratch.

water seepage? blended seams? bah! how about the rivers and ruts on the main circuit!

I agree that MC T5 needs a concrete patch and that the MC Carousel needs to be redone (eventually -- it's still got decent grip, for the most part & as long as you've got a working LSD)

As for the 'blended seam' in the SC pistol grip -- it's a fast right hander, the paving is very off camber and the seam is very rough, tending to make a bad situation worse. It won't be long before a student goes in too hot, hits the bump, loses steering and crosses the 'midfield' into the oncoming traffic at turn 2 (or slams head-on into the wall, if it's been extended to that location).

But... the reason why the Shenandoah & the Jefferson are of particular interest with me are: Steven mentioned that the club was unsure if it was going to host a DS on the SC next year, particularly due to the track's teething problems & because the HSS/DS (the first event of the year) is held on the Jefferson, meaning timely fixes on the JC would be of most concern to the club.
    Last edited by SharkD; 11-07-2005 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    But... the reason why the Shenandoah & the Jefferson are of particular interest with me are: Steven mentioned that the club was unsure if it was going to host a DS on the SC next year, particularly due to the track's teething problems & because the HSS/DS (the first event of the year) is held on the Jefferson, meaning timely fixes on the JC would be of most concern to the club.
    I'm not sure in what context I said that. Overall the response was very good about the Shenandoah. What we probably wouldn't do is a summer school there but choose a different time of the season.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Steven,

IIRC, you had basically said that whether or not the chapter would return to Shenandoah vs. another weekend on the Jeff/Main (or going to VIR) would hinge, largely, on whether or not attendees and instructors were happy with the course and it's condition, and you mentioned that while it had improved since the trial sessions in the spring, that the course still needed some work (curbs and patches, especially).

I haven't had access to the evaluations of the August school, but based on EVERYONE I talked to after the event, I think you can count on at least one 2006 weekend on the Shenandoan Circuit.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    I haven't had access to the evaluations of the August school, but based on EVERYONE I talked to after the event, I think you can count on at least one 2006 weekend on the Shenandoan Circuit.
    I agree. I suspect a full weekend on each track with HSS and a DE on the Jeff also. Just not sure if we are going to do schools in the middle of the summer. We will have a better idea in a few days. We have a drivers' school steering committee meeting Tuesday (11/7/05) in Tysons Corner at 6:30. If anyone wants to attend, contact Roy Morris.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Steven,

IIRC, you had basically said that whether or not the chapter would return to Shenandoah vs. another weekend on the Jeff/Main (or going to VIR) would hinge, largely, on whether or not attendees and instructors were happy with the course and it's condition, and you mentioned that while it had improved since the trial sessions in the spring, that the course still needed some work (curbs and patches, especially).
    We are planning for 4 schools. JC (HSS/HPDE), Shenandoah, JC, SPR.
    Shenandoah probably in June. We have no dates. NJ has requested August 19-20 and I hope we will get the same weekend on the Jeff so we can do the joint BBQ and get people up to watch the Club Race. Maybe I'll set up a fun rally to Summit also.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information