Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Slot car night?

Thread: Slot car night?

Slot car night?

Have we ever had a slot car race night during the winter months? There is a large track in the Baltimore Area that is for the 1:32 scale cars. The track and the cars are available for rent. I am sure I could have a hobby store attend with cars for sale as well.

I attended a PCA event like this and it's a blast during the winter months when everyone has their toys put away. Let me know if there is any kind of interest in something like this or if we have tried it and it didn't work out...

Thanks
    Bill

Or a pine wood car race like the Cub Scouts.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Mine that's an idea, I have a couple slot cars too. Or better yet does anyone have 1/10 scale electric RC's?

Indoor tracks around DC area? Could do it at Kart nights at the track

Quote Originally Posted by Itsa328
    Have we ever had a slot car race night during the winter months? There is a large track in the Baltimore Area that is for the 1:32 scale cars. The track and the cars are available for rent. I am sure I could have a hobby store attend with cars for sale as well.

I attended a PCA event like this and it's a blast during the winter months when everyone has their toys put away. Let me know if there is any kind of interest in something like this or if we have tried it and it didn't work out...
    I don't think we've done it before but if you plan it I'll put it on the calendar.

Look at the sticky at the top of the social section.
    I'll post some guidelines.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

And Tamiya makes a 1/10 scale M Roadster (MZ3) and a couple of others have M3 bodies. And Tamiya just re-released the E30 M3.

There is a group that runs the MZ3s at Homecoming every year. Most paint the cars to match their own car.

Of course, with hops up available, we will need classes, Stock, Prepared, Modified.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

I've got a Tamiya E30 M3 that needs to stretch its legs (impulse eBay buy).

I have a few RC toys too. I have a nicely modded one also.

I have several 1/10 Tamiya RC cars. I'd do this in the winter. I have contemplated using my parking garage at work since it's nice and warm in the winter.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    I've got a Tamiya E30 M3 that needs to stretch its legs (impulse eBay buy).
    New one or old one? The new one is on one of their new top chassis.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    Or better yet does anyone have 1/10 scale electric RC's?
    I have a 1/10 scale nitro Traxxas Revo monster truck painted up in PTG colors. I want to buy an electric RC for the winter.

Smile

So should I go forward planning a slot car night? If we get at least eight people together this could be dirt cheap to do.

We don't have to choose, we can do both but I want to make sure there is significant interest before I plan any events. Any ideas? Thoughts?

I think we can all agree that winter sucks and toys are required to make it through until spring.

I say set it up. What I have found is the first time we try something new it might be poorly attended. Don't let that discourage you. Take some photos and do a little writeup for the dB or the website. The next time you do the event it will be better attended. All new things take time to develop.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

I'd certainly be interested in doing something like this. I'm only home for winter break from college between December 16th and January 6th, but I'd be sure to attend if it was within those dates.

Thread Information