Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2006 event T-shirts
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2006 event T-shirts

2006 event T-shirts

So who wants event t-shirts?
    Doug Bonner has proposed t-shirts for 2006.
    They would be one style for the entire year.

Here's the problem. Once we purchase t-shirts, they need to be distributed and leftovers stored for the next school. Who is gonna do that?

The tasks can be split amongst several people.
    If we have no one to distribute and store them we will not approve them.
    Remember, we are a volunteer based club.

I looked into cafepress.com to eliminate the storage and distribution problem. I created one shirt and the quality was not there.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

So the cafepress.com idea didn't fly?

It's not that it didn't fly.
    I was not happy with the quality.
    The printing is pressed on and the shirts were thin.
    We really need silk screen.

I also made up a NCC BMW CCA coffee mug and the colors are all off.
    Not up to my standards.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

i've got an almost empty attic. how many boxes do we plan on storing if we need to? i hope to go to all the schools in 06 but i don't have the cargo capacity to haul them to the track.
    95 M3, 6-speed, 3.73
    Extensive weight reduction
    Website

I have no idea how much space is needed.
    The last time we did this all the shirts where drop shipped to the track.
    Each student got one for the year.
    What we didn't plan on was how to get the extras home.
    Most people's cars are full of tires, tools. We are looking to avoid this scenerio this time.
    Contact Doug Bonner dgbonner @ verizon.net
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    As a former drivers school coordinator it was PITA making sure the T shirts were at every school and then hauled away. Tshirts are more trouble than they are worth unless some nice volunteer wants to haul them to schools and back. A Chief of T shirts?

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    As a former drivers school coordinator it was PITA making sure the T shirts were at every school and then hauled away. Tshirts are more trouble than they are worth unless some nice volunteer wants to haul them to schools and back. A Chief of T shirts?
    And that is why we are looking for a committee of volunteers.
    Work split among several people should make it fairly painless.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    Too many people involved also leads to Oh I thought you were picking them up, bringing them etc. Committees lead to chaos, indecision and FUBARs.

Have to go put an 8 week old Rough Blue Merle Collie puppy to bed

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    Too many people involved also leads to Oh I thought you were picking them up, bringing them etc. Committees lead to chaos, indecision and FUBARs.
    I'm glad you have such a positive attitude.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    I'm glad you have such a positive attitude.
    Remember I was coordinator. Along with making sure the insurance certificate was at BSR the Thursday before the school, making sure we had enough corner workers etc I had those damn t shirts to worry about.

Making sure the treasurer sent the check to the insurance company was a royal PITA. Usually ended up having copy faxed. Better than getting lynched when there was no certificate. There is a skeleton of a a NCC drivers school coordiantor from the early 80's back in the woods at SUmmit Point who didn't make sure the insurance certificate was there.

I just dont like committees. Remember I work for DOD. Better to have one or at the most two people in charge of t shirts. Isn't it the duty of the Prez or VP to bring the t shirts to a DS sec 10 subsec 15 a of the NCC bylaws?

I would rather be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised when it turns out okay than expect it turn out okay and it usually doesn't.

BTW have you checked out the pic of my new pup?

Dave Apker

My company has used http://www.customink.com and the result was okay. We also used Godfrey & Alexander ( http://www.corporate-gifts.com ) and they worked out very well, nice hanes t-shirts and printing quality but the price was a bit more. Godfrey & Alexander <strike>are</strike> is in Sterling, VA.
    Last edited by wduvall; 11-15-2005 at 05:07 PM.

Talking I would be willing to help out

I contributed to the design of the instructor shirts Miriam put out in 2004. I would enjoy coming up with a new design. If a commitee is formed, I would be willing to take part in some way, but I am located north of Baltimore so I don't want to have to attend some meeting in Fairfax over this. Let me know how to contribute.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Bob,
    I believe Doug Bonner is working with Lucy on this.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I know a VERY good screen printer. If anyone has seen the shirts for my car club, eastcoasteuro, you'd know these are really top-notch. If you guys were still interested in getting these done, I'd be happy to forward his information.

Thumbs up 2006 T-shirt storage

Quote Originally Posted by odortiz
    i've got an almost empty attic. how many boxes do we plan on storing if we need to? i hope to go to all the schools in 06 but i don't have the cargo capacity to haul them to the track.
    OD,

Can we keep your almost empty attic from being wasted? We've got at least one volunteer to transport the shirts (Todd) if you can help with the storage in your attic. We're talking about storage of 3-4 large boxes of long sleeve tee shirts (@300 or so). Pick-up can be arranged before each school. Feel free to contact me directly (dgbonner@verizon.net) to discuss details. Thanks, Doug

Thread Information