Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Inspection 1 and 2

Thread: Inspection 1 and 2

Lightbulb Inspection 1 and 2

I have a DINAN 330ci which is due for an inspection 2 service. Does anyone in NCC land know of any independent shops that can perform the service. I have ordered all of the parts required for the inspection 2 from Bavarian AutoSport. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Banned
    Many shops will charge you more if you bring your own parts. An independent shop needs to make a profit to stay in business if they dont they disappear and all we have left is the dealer/stealer with high prices and sh*tty service.

Providing your own parts is not the way to go when trying to establish a relationship with a new independent shop.

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    Providing your own parts is not the way to go when trying to establish a relationship with a new independent shop.
    Depends on the shop and the parts you bring. No one wants to see cheap aftermarket parts. I bring genuine BMW parts and have never had a problem. I bring parts not only to save money but to save time. I'll be having my steering pump replaced next week. Picking up the part at Tischer (sorry Bill, Towson is just too far away).
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    Depends on the shop and the parts you bring. No one wants to see cheap aftermarket parts. I bring genuine BMW parts and have never had a problem. I bring parts not only to save money but to save time. I'll be having my steering pump replaced next week. Picking up the part at Tischer (sorry Bill, Towson is just too far away).
    Some times I bring parts, other times I let them supply them. Usually the shops can get a better discount than you can anyway.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    Some times I bring parts, other times I let them supply them. Usually the shops can get a better discount than you can anyway.

---Eric
    A shop can get probably 5% off better than me on BMW parts but don't always use genuine BMW parts. Then the parts are marked up from there, and rightfully so. I try to be a good customer by not making the job harder than it has to be and referring good customers. Although I tend to see at least one team.BAR car at the shop all the time.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    A shop can get probably 5% off better than me on BMW parts but don't always use genuine BMW parts. Then the parts are marked up from there, and rightfully so. I try to be a good customer by not making the job harder than it has to be and referring good customers. Although I tend to see at least one team.BAR car at the shop all the time.
    I actually had a shop owner (non-BMW) tell me after I brought parts in, not to bother doing it any more. It turned out he bought his parts from the same places I did but got a much better discount than I could. He would charge me the same price as my 'deal' for the parts (a couple dollars more or less per part) but if I didn't bring in the parts, he would increase the labor charges so his profit margins would be the same for the work... At least he was honest about it.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Thread Information