Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NJ Motorsports Park

Thread: NJ Motorsports Park

NJ Motorsports Park

Anyone have any further details?

http://njmotorsportspark.com/
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    Anyone have any further details?

http://njmotorsportspark.com/
    Other than "why the hell would they want to make sixteen thousand different configurations?"

Is this the answer to autocrossers' complaints about most tracks?
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd
    Other than "why the hell would they want to make sixteen thousand different configurations?"

Depends what they want to use it for.
    If they are going to be doing special training they may want multiple configurations. Different configurations also effect the cost by requiring different numbers of personnel. VIR has 4 configurations. Shenandoah has multiple configurations. I think SPR have a few configurations as well.

I don't like a road course for autocrossers. The transition into the Patriot section at VIR just does not flow. Not for me at least.

I wouldn't mind a track within 3 hours away.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    I don't like a road course for autocrossers. The transition into the Patriot section at VIR just does not flow. Not for me at least.
    Isn't that kind of what Shenandoah has been likened to?

Quote Originally Posted by David Hicks
    Isn't that kind of what Shenandoah has been likened to?
    I've never driven the Shenandoah but I was a passenger. I think I would have a different perspective driving.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

But the true value of something the Shenandoah is for their real meat and potatoes work, advanced driver training, especially security driver training.

Racing is fine, but having driver training almost 5 days a week really helps pay the bills.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone
    Racing is fine, but having driver training almost 5 days a week really helps pay the bills.
    Especially when the government has deep pockets.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Not only gov, but all the private security people. And people around the world who WANT private secutiry people and can afford them.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd

Nick,

It looks like many of the small twisty tracks (next to the North Paddock - in the in-field) are for go-karts.

And, what's wrong with turns? That's where you get to have fun.

No, they didn't ask me about track configurations, but being an autoxer at heart, I sure won't complain.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar
    Nick,

It looks like many of the small twisty tracks (next to the North Paddock - in the in-field) are for go-karts.

And, what's wrong with turns? That's where you get to have fun.

No, they didn't ask me about track configurations, but being an autoxer at heart, I sure won't complain.
    It's not the turns, it's the "see how often we can change the track" factor.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

But then autocrossers benefit. DE guys seem to think it takes several weekends to learn a track.. Autocrossers do it in a couple of laps.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone
    But then autocrossers benefit. DE guys seem to think it takes several weekends to learn a track.. Autocrossers do it in a couple of laps.
    Amen Terry! If I could I would drive a different track every event. The most fun is trying to master a new track your first session.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    Amen Terry! If I could I would drive a different track every event. The most fun is trying to master a new track your first session.
    Or your 12th.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Steve, you need to autocross more.
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW

Thread Information