Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2006 Tour Suggestions
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Tour Suggestions

2006 Tour Suggestions

A few places have been suggested for 2006.

The Biltmore Estate
    Colonial Williamsburg
    Berkeley Springs
    The Greenbrier
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Banned
    How's about the Homestead. Great food and accomadations. Incredible golf courses. And the roads to get there after you get off I81 are fanastic. Last time I went there was in a rental mini van after taking my girlfriend's daughter and her friends to cheerleader camp at JMU. Girlfriend and I had a grea time there. I still haven't had a better meal 4 years later and that includes Maestro, 2941, Galileo(Labatorio) and Citronelle.

Will be eating frozen dinners from now on with hopefully the a new addition to the family. A rough collie pup out of best collie herding dogs in the country.

Homestead was another choice.
    I'd really like another overnight. Ideally the location should be no more than 3 hours with fairly easy access home. The past weekend we stayed at the Wintergreen Resort. Easy trip home via 29. Or 29 to 15 and White's Ferry for me.

The overnights get more popular every time. This weekend we had just over 100 people.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

any of the above locations! i am sure it will be fun wherever we go!

Any of the above would be great!

We could go to Harpers Ferry and see the sites, eat, and then go to the Bavarian Inn in Sheperdstown, WV for dinner and lodging.
    http://www.bavarianinnwv.com/
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    A few places have been suggested for 2006.
    The Biltmore Estate
    Colonial Williamsburg
    Berkeley Springs
    The Greenbrier
    I was thinking maybe the Delaware Valley, with Longwood Gardens, the duPont Museum, and the Hagley Powder works. Biltmore is kinda far, Williamsburg would be good, Greenbrier and Homestead really cool, but more expensive than we've done recently. Heading WNW into WVa could be nice.

FWIW, on the way home Sunday, Robin and I discovered several more cool roads so if we'd like to go back to Wintergreen at some point in the future, I have the route there already mapped out.

David

We went to duPont not long ago. Very nice house and much more accommodating than Longwood. That is a nice day trip.

We've also been to the Bavarian Inn a few years ago. That would make a nice summer day trip. Summer trips need to be indoors. When I did that one we also visited the civil war grounds.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Lexington, VA! Home of my alma mater. There are some interesting roads through central VA, and some really good twisties near the town itself. Couple of good golf courses, restaurants, and hotels/inns. You can also tour VMI and visit Robert E Lee's grave, as well as his horse Traveller's. Most of Stonewall Jackson is buried there too. Spring and fall are beautiful there, but we'd have to avoid Parents' weekend, Homecoming, and Alumni weekends for both of the colleges.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    We could go to Harpers Ferry and see the sites, eat, and then go to the Bavarian Inn in Sheperdstown, WV for dinner and lodging.
    http://www.bavarianinnwv.com/
    I like the idea of having it as "Bavarian". As long as the accomodations and food are good, It would be pretty cool to have a photoshoot of your car next to a sign saying "Bavarian Inn". Just my $.02 worth.

Quote Originally Posted by dougmoney
    I like the idea of having it as "Bavarian". As long as the accomodations and food are good, It would be pretty cool to have a photoshoot of your car next to a sign saying "Bavarian Inn". Just my $.02 worth.
    The Bavarian Inn is a nice place and the food is good. It looks like the club went there a few years back and Steve was looking for someplace the club had not been before.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Banned
    Another option is staying at the Hotel Roanoke and touring the Norfolk Southern museum and shops.

Quote Originally Posted by David Hicks
    Lexington, VA! Most of Stonewall Jackson is buried there too. .
    MOST of him? Maybe the other parts are in interesting locations too.
    I had some good food and beer at The Palms in Lexington this summer. First time I had ever been in the town.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    Another option is staying at the Hotel Roanoke and touring the Norfolk Southern museum and shops.
    The Star City. It would be worth the trip just to get some Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    MOST of him? Maybe the other parts are in interesting locations too.
    I had some good food and beer at The Palms in Lexington this summer. First time I had ever been in the town.
    His left arm was amputated at the Battle of Chancellorsville (near Fredericksburg) and is buried there.

I spent many nights in the Palms. Lots of good memories, as well as experiences of which the memories are very blurry.

I'd be content really for wherever, as long as I was back from school here in Florida, I wish the First Coast / Gulf Coast chapters held more interesting events .

Thread Information