Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Hello everyone

Thread: Hello everyone

Hello everyone

I'm a long-time BMW enthusiast but a new BMWCCA member. I have owned various models over the years (E12, E20, E28, E34, E36, E38(loved that one), E53, and E46) but my current vehicles are a 2003 330i (non-operational currently) and a 1976 530i E12 I purchased about a month ago. I am retired Navy and still adjusting to life as a civilian again.

My family and I live in Martinsburg, WV, and the NCC is the only chapter that covers our area...fortunately, it appears that the NCC is also the most active of American chapters, so I'm not bothered by the geographical distance (it's mostly highway to meets anyways).

My (cramped) garage currently:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191028_181936.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	2559  

Welcome! Our new member event is coming up, hopefully you'll sign up! Does the E12 run?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Yes, she ran (as of an hour ago). However...I was dialing in the ignition advance today and she started sounding like marbles and stalled out...ugh.

A few days ago, I noticed the rear cylinder head oil banjo bolt was finger loose, so I tightened it up. However, I suspect the oil starvation has been going on for too long...making my fix moot. The engine has 262k miles and the PO had never done a rebuild.

I had already planned a full engine rebuild this winter, but this issue has hastened my need to fix the black bimmer (EWS/DME out of sync) and get her out of my larger spot where I perform proper repairs/rebuilds.

I have already signed up for the new member event, but I won't be driving a bimmer there unfortunately.

I wanted to add that my decision to join the BMWCCA, and in particular, the NCC, was a trip to the DIY event this past Saturday. I was there to purchase an M30 cylinder head from James Law, but I stuck around for a few hours and got to chat with the other club members. Everyone was super-nice and it was great to hang out with a group of like-minded individuals.

Definitely looking forward to the new members get-together!

Very cool! Let's get both of those cars running hard!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thread Information