Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Oct 22nd Course Map (Real)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oct 22nd Course Map (Real)

Oct 22nd Course Map (Real)

Well here it is, my first attempt at a real course. It's big, it's fast, and it may need to be changed according to the weather. Both Greg Olsen and Kevin Henry have looked at the map and given insights.

I really hope people will make the drive to a GOOD lot and have fun on a big fast course.

Please print it out and bring a copy with you.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rpkfinal.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	89  
    Last edited by Doby; 10-21-2005 at 10:28 AM.

Towels and your daughter. Makes the drive home a lot of fun. Especially when she spins out on a wet course.
    Doug Ellmore,Sr.
    www.ellmore.net
    '74 2002tii
    '01 Z3 3.0

Haha I was first hand for that spin. I was amazed she spun and stopped directly in the middle of a gate! That takes car control

I'm still trying to figure out how she spun in a straight. I'm sure Adam could spin anything though... including a 318iA.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    I'm still trying to figure out how she spun in a straight. I'm sure Adam could spin anything though... including a 318iA.
    That was a straight? Maybe I should get more sleep and study the course maps longer.
    ---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Well maybe not completely, but the car should have been going straight by the time it was at the first gate. Were you turning in late and having to come back to the gate?

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    Well maybe not completely, but the car should have been going straight by the time it was at the first gate. Were you turning in late and having to come back to the gate?
    I don't know what I was doing out there. I was probably turning in too late. I know I was screwing up a lot of sections while concentrating too much on traction and not enough on the line/looking ahead. Oh well, hopefully it won't be raining for the last event.

---Eric

most people seemed to turn in late for that particular gate, including myself

That was a fun course and worked really well in the rain. Great work Doby (and thanks to everyone else who helped).

I can't wait to see what is planned for the next event up there.

---Eric

With rain, I'm not so upset about going to Hawaii for the weekend. It was nice weather when I got back on Sunday.

It was a good course. I gather you simplified it a bit here and there (dropping a couple of cones in the latter third of it, not just eliminating the second half of the skid pad). A wise idea, given the conditions.

Either that or I was massively off course four times in a row.

Hope it's dry November 19.
    2004 Covette ZO6
    2008 Mustang Bullitt

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    With rain, I'm not so upset about going to Hawaii for the weekend. It was nice weather when I got back on Sunday.
    You went to Hawaii while I spent the day standing in a parking lot freezing cold, in the rain? My life just got a little more depressing.
    ---Eric

Yes, spoiled rotten, I went for three days, left on Wednesday got back on Sunday about noon.

I was the Best man for my partner in crime. Weather was awesome, flew for free, stayed for free, could it be better, yeah the wife should have come. but no child care for the days, it would have been even better.

My $.02
    that was the most funnest (or, much more funnerrer) autox of the season. . . The low traction conditions were a power equalizer that gave me a sporting chance at not doing horrible . Plus, who doesn't enjoy getting a little squirrelly here 'n' there?
    Personally, I'm hoping for rain in Nov.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    most people seemed to turn in late for that particular gate, including myself
    Which gate are you talking about here?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information