Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
August 7th - Autocross School - Interest??
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: August 7th - Autocross School - Interest??

August 7th - Autocross School - Interest??

We are in the final stages of planning for another autox school which will be held on Saturday, August 7th in Sykesville, MD. This facility is wonderful. We have the use of classrooms, a skid pad, and a 600' x 800' "skills pad" (totally unobstructed pavement).

More details to follow, but the target price is $20 (no typo). We will have a relatively low instructor to student ratio and lots of in-car time. First priority will go to "novice" drivers (no autox experience or very little autox experience).

So, what's the interest for this event. (This is not a call for registrations, just level of interest.)

Please spread the word.

Thanks,
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

I know my wife is very excited about it. Plus it's much closer to us than most other autox events which is a big bonus.

I would be interested, if there's room. And what are the rules for classifying someone as a novice?

-- Jason

My wife is interested, and I'd be glad to help out and/or instruct... just not her :?

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    My wife is interested, and I'd be glad to help out and/or instruct... just not her :?
    Trying to get my wife interested too and would be more than happy to instruct as well with same rule if my wife goes.

Oh, yeah...I'm not so sure that I'm qualified to instruct but I will gladly help out.

Isn't August 7th the Solomon Island drive?

I'm interested in both, but probably more so in the Autocross than the drive. My work schedule rotates, so I almost *never* have the weekend off when there are events, now there are two in one day.

=============
    John in Bowie
    1991 E30 318is
    =============

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper
    I would be interested, if there's room. And what are the rules for classifying someone as a novice?
    Jason,

A "novice" is someone with little or no experience in autox. Ideally, that would be a person with less than one season's worth of autox driving experience. Now, if someone happened to be a long time racer or track junkie but had never autocrossed, I would NOT count them as a novice. Basicallly, it's how much car control experience they have.

As a few people have posted, they are trying to get their wives to participate. I think that's perfect. No competition related stress. We want people to come out and learn how to drive better and safer - the quicker part will come naturally once they learn how to drive better.

Long answer. I hope I didn't ramble too much.
    Rafael Garces

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    John,

Smart move. You don't want to instruct a family member.

<must resist temptation to post that I'd be glad to instruct John's wife since a comment like that might not be received properly>

Rafael Garces

lol, you're more then welcome to try. She's a handfull. :P

I'd definitely be interested, I'll check my calendar and make sure I have that date open.

I'd love to bring my sister also, but she'd be starting literally from scratch. And driving an automatic Honduh

I'd love to bring my wife also, but she's going to be 8 months pregnant at that point

I volunteer to help in any way possible, especially if it involves instructing Doby's wife or Rob's sister. That second part was a joke. After Sunday I'm not sure I'm qualified to instruct anyone, I think I caused more harm than good with Doby's wife and Jason ops:

Maybe I can convince Marisa to do this school if it happens.
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

Harm? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkuper
    Jason,

A "novice" is someone with little or no experience in autox. Ideally, that would be a person with less than one season's worth of autox driving experience.
    That's me! My first event was the NCC/PCA school.

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by John V
    I volunteer to help in any way possible, especially if it involves instructing Doby's wife or Rob's sister. That second part was a joke. After Sunday I'm not sure I'm qualified to instruct anyone, I think I caused more harm than good with Doby's wife and Jason ops:

Maybe I can convince Marisa to do this school if it happens.
    Jason who? Me?! Not at all!

-- Jason

Thread Information