Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Are full cages & door bars street legal?

Thread: Are full cages & door bars street legal?

Question Are full cages & door bars street legal?

Since my track car is slowly becoming a SpecE30 racer, but I'd like to continue attending NCC BMWCCA drivers' schools next year, I was wondering if anyone knows whether Virginia (and N.C.) would prohibit my 325is from being considered street legal once I have the A-pillar bars, halo hoop, knee bar and door bars installed?

The reason this matters & why it's in the DS section: the NCC BMWCCA requires that all student cars attending drivers' schools are street legal, registered and insured.

(BTW, for anyone curious, SpecE30 does not allow performance modification of the engine or drivetrain -- aside from the suspension and safety gear, the car is as delivered from the factory. We're not talking about a purpose-built Group A racer, here.)

Banned
    Also your DS school must have the same restraints for both you and the instructor. The only issue I can see is that the OEm seatbelts probably need to work.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    Also your DS school must have the same restraints for both you and the instructor. The only issue I can see is that the OEm seatbelts probably need to work.
    The 3-point belts are intact, for the street; none of the instructors have complained about my 6-point G-Force Pro belts (I already have the rear roll hoop & harness bar in the car, since June). I would, however, recommend the Corbeau Forza I over the Forza II as a passenger-side seat -- the Forza II is just too wide. (I have a Recaro Pole Position SPG on the driver's side.)

My buddy has a 95 Cobra R that was an old IMSA race car, full cage/seats/etc and it passed MD inspection and emissions (when it has full exhaust on of course)

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    The 3-point belts are intact, for the street; none of the instructors have complained about my 6-point G-Force Pro belts (I already have the rear roll hoop & harness bar in the car, since June). I would, however, recommend the Corbeau Forza I over the Forza II as a passenger-side seat -- the Forza II is just too wide. (I have a Recaro Pole Position SPG on the driver's side.)
    AFAIK it just needs to be padded. Don't know if that is a racing rule too. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Miriam drives her Porsche on the street and it has a full cage.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information