Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Any DIY's scheduled for 2019 ? E90 focused

Thread: Any DIY's scheduled for 2019 ? E90 focused

Any DIY's scheduled for 2019 ? E90 focused

Happy New Year :

Long time member somewhat infrequent poster. I was very happy to attend the AKTIV Automotive sponsered DIY event a few years ago, when I had a beautiful E39 M5. Unfortunately, that car was totaled by a utility contractor's dropped pole. I have acquired a very nice [at least I think so] E90 335i [N54]. I was hoping for a DIY so I can put her up [I call her Monica] on the lift and give it a quick lookover. I have a 15% interest in attempting the transmission filter [but the more I look at it the more fearful I become ]. Anyway, enough [poor attempts] at jokes. I was hoping/wondering if the Club has any intention of hosting another DIY sometimes this winter/spring. One day when my bank account grows up [or if the DOW ever recovers ] I will be able to have my dream garage [or marry a nice lady with a garage ] , but until then I'm sniffing around for access to a lift. HAllllp

Thanks again for reading.

v/R

[BackInATurboAgain]-TurboHugh

I've noticed that DIY events tend to take a bit of a break at the beginning of the year, but I'll be very surprised if they don't start up again around April. Very few DIY events have a specific focus and even those that do don't outright prohibit other models (or genders...)

As for the transmission filter, I did that on MaLColM (my 2011 E91 xDrive) and can, ahem, uh, tell you some ways to screw up... (No long-term harm was done to my transmission... merely to my reputation...)

The very first thing is to be certain of which transmission you have. This is easy to tell by looking but surprisingly hard to find out otherwise.

MaLColM has the GM transmission, which has a smooth metal pan with the filter being a separate part that plugs up into the transmission body; you drain the fluid, drop the pan, pull out the old filter, push in the new filter, and re-attach the pan. You may have (and I suspect probably do have) the ZF transmission, which has a grooved black plastic pan with the filter integrated into the pan; you drain the fluid, drop the pan/filter, and just replace the whole thing.
    Last edited by JamesAustin; 01-02-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Check the Calendar of Events at the bottom of the home page. The 2019 DIY schedule just went up.

Thread Information