Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
DIY Help Solicitation (With an offer of free beer or whatever)

Thread: DIY Help Solicitation (With an offer of free beer or whatever)

DIY Help Solicitation (With an offer of free beer or whatever)

Hey folks.

I am the proud owner of a mountain of deferred maintenance on my E46, and a real lack of experience working on this particular car. I am looking for someone who can tag team this list of repairs with me at the DIY in May. The things I need to do: CCV system replacement, Oil filter housing gasket replacement, and front struts/rear shocks.

What you will receive: a very grateful me. A 6 pack of whatever is you like to drink. Pizza? I don't know, man, you call it. I just know that if I attempt to do the whole list while staring at youtube tutorials, its gonna take all day, and I will fail. Feel free to email me directly instead of reply to the thread. jonfhoffman at gmail. THANKS!

That's a lot of work to do in the usual time allotted at the DIYs. Granted, a lift is not needed for the CCV & OFHG, but you need a pit crew.
    May the force be with you!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Honestly, even if you had 1-2 people helping who knew exactly how to do each item, it would be tough to finish at a DIY. It's up to the shop foreman to see whether these jobs will be accepted into the DIY, so you may want to prioritize them in case that happens.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I have no problem prioritizing, just looking for any folks with experience on any of these. The shocks and struts I can figure out on my own. I’d like someone with experience getting the intake manifold out and maybe the oil filter housing gasket since it shares some of the same “get this out of the way” components. If any of you are interested, it’d be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information