Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New-ish member in Pasadena area

Thread: New-ish member in Pasadena area

Hybrid View

New-ish member in Pasadena MD area

I'm David, a new-ish member as I joined back in May but this is my first post. My current rides consist of an '04 MINI Cooper S and an '07 BMW 328xi (listed in order of love).

While I'm posting, is there any way to opt out of receiving the paper version of der Bayerische? If not, please consider this a formal member suggestion to add this as an option. The paper publication seems a bit wasteful and goes directly in the bin, the digital version suits me just fine if I need to read up on anything.
    Last edited by chili pepper; 12-06-2018 at 12:01 AM.

A warm, welcoming group, I see...

Quote Originally Posted by chili pepper View Post
    A warm, welcoming group, I see...
    The group is actually quite warm and welcoming. The trouble is that the group doesn't use its own web site very much. I noticed that myself when I joined, and I've never thought it made any sense, but, well, that's the way it is. You'll gain a much better impression, and have a much better experience, at an actual event.

As for the printed magazine, I don't know if there's an after-the-fact opt-out process (and agree there should be if there isn't), but when I first joined I got to choose whether I wanted the magazine in the mail, or via e-mail.

A belated welcome to you! As active a group as we have here, more seem to use the Facebook page (or read der Bayerische) than frequent the forum. I don't know of an opt-out option, but someone involved with dB should be able to remove you from the mailing list.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thanks for the welcome, John.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    ...more seem to use the Facebook page (or read der Bayerische) than frequent the forum...
    Well, that is rather unfortunate in my case as I've never joined or used any of the social media sites and really have no interest in doing so. It does raise the question why the club bears the burden of maintaining the web site then, doesn't it?

I hear what you're is saying about getting to an event, though if I'm being completely honest, I mainly joined for the HPDE. I realize these are club events as well but probably not on the same level as a "cars and coffee" and the like.

FWIW, no longer in the Pasadena area as the original thread title indicates, I've since relocated to just outside of Stevensville...and even farther away from Summit Point. But as a surfski paddler, I really can't be too upset about the new location, quite lovely and quiet out here as well.
    Last edited by chili pepper; 04-09-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chili pepper View Post
    I'm David, a new-ish member as I joined back in May but this is my first post. My current rides consist of an '04 MINI Cooper S and an '07 BMW 328xi (listed in order of love).

While I'm posting, is there any way to opt out of receiving the paper version of der Bayerische? If not, please consider this a formal member suggestion to add this as an option. The paper publication seems a bit wasteful and goes directly in the bin, the digital version suits me just fine if I need to read up on anything.
    I believe it is being considered. Currently there is no newsletter preference with your BMW CCA membership. It will be added.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information