Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Shop for touch-up work?

Thread: Shop for touch-up work?

Shop for touch-up work?

Greetings. Someone scraped my 02 330i while I was parked in a garage. I need to get the scratches buffed out, possbily some paint may need to be filled in a little.

Can anyone recommend a shop for this anywhere in the DC area? I already met with a rep from Wagonwerks who said that they won't do this sort of minor fill ins. (This does not rise to the level of needing to be re-sprayed.)

Thanks!
    Jim

Sab

Quote Originally Posted by CMOS
    Greetings. Someone scraped my 02 330i while I was parked in a garage. I need to get the scratches buffed out, possbily some paint may need to be filled in a little.
    Can anyone recommend a shop for this anywhere in the DC area? I already met with a rep from Wagonwerks who said that they won't do this sort of minor fill ins. (This does not rise to the level of needing to be re-sprayed.)
    Thanks!
    Jim
    Jim,
    Call Springfield Auto Body at (703) 569-5055 and ask for either Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager). They sponsor my racecar and they do very high quality work. They've done show cars. And, they've done work for a number of NCC members. Be sure to tell them I referred you.
    You won't be disappointed.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Springfield Auto Body

Does Springfield Auto Body do small rock chip repair? I have tried doing this to my 98 Alpine M3 but always end up unhappy with the result (I think a buffer might be necessary???). I have asked a few detailers if they will do chip repair, but haven't got a positive answer yet. I probably have 6-8 of what I would consider poor fixes that could be redone? If Springfield doesn't do this type of work, do you have another recommendation?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Good Question

Quote Originally Posted by pmexaminer
    Does Springfield Auto Body do small rock chip repair? I have tried doing this to my 98 Alpine M3 but always end up unhappy with the result (I think a buffer might be necessary???). I have asked a few detailers if they will do chip repair, but haven't got a positive answer yet. I probably have 6-8 of what I would consider poor fixes that could be redone? If Springfield doesn't do this type of work, do you have another recommendation?
    Thanks,
    Dan
    That's a good question.
    Call and ask them, and let me know, because I have some chips that need repair too!
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Thread Information