Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for the new NoVA "East" Social location

Thread: Looking for the new NoVA "East" Social location

Looking for the new NoVA "East" Social location

BMW NCC members,

First, I would just like to say the new NoVA "West" Social location at Lost Rhino Retreat was a success and will make for a great social location.

While BJs is a good location, I feel we need to move the "East" location in order to better cover the NoVA area. Based on some feedback, etc. I have received it looks like the Alexandria to Springfield area along 495 would be the general area.

The location pretty much needs to be able to accommodate the following.

-Fairly easy to access
    -Enough parking for approx. 20 cars
    -A reservation for up to 20 people or so on Thursday nights
    -Not too expensive
    -Preferably not at a large shopping mall

A couple suggestions/ideas:
    -Clyde's at Mark Center
    -Hoffman Town Center - Ted's

I would like to have the new location selected by 06/29, looking for the first social at the location to start in September.

Thank you!
    -Joe
    BMW NCC HPDE Instructor

2017 M2
    2011 335is

How about fairfax corner pf changs

Looks like Fairfax Corner would certainly have the parking we need. The location might be a little further West than the target area. Although, I feel we should keep this location in mind.
    BMW NCC HPDE Instructor

2017 M2
    2011 335is

Not sure if there was a decision made, but Port City Brewing (Wheeler Ave in Alexandria) is a pretty chill place. There is a lot across from it that I think is open to the public (I could be wrong) and a short drive to get back to 495.

Chipotle
    3425B Jefferson Davis Hwy
    Alexandria, VA*22305

Potomac Yard has plenty of free parking, is strategically located on Highway One, and, most importantly. Is about a mile from my house.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Also,

Hops Restaurant
    3625 Jefferson Davis Hwy
    Alexandria, VA 22305

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I feel Hops has potential, lots of parking around there. Thank you!
    BMW NCC HPDE Instructor

2017 M2
    2011 335is

NOVA East location still being discussed?

Yes, still being discussed and planned.

Thinking we will trying some new things with the NoVa social starting in April or May. Something like a nice restaurant one month, casual the next, outside in summer, social on a Saturday, etc., over a larger area to reach more NCC members.

Thanks!
    BMW NCC HPDE Instructor

2017 M2
    2011 335is

I dig it... thanks for the reply!

Thread Information