Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Methanol Injection for e92 M3?

Thread: Methanol Injection for e92 M3?

Methanol Injection for e92 M3?

Hello everyone,

I own a 2012 e92 M3 and have been exploring options for coaxing more power out of the S65 power plant. I've looked into Super chargers but am not ready to make that investment just yet, possibly down the road.

Realizing that heat management is a key consideration when tracking the high compression, small block V8, I am exploring Methanol injection and wanted to ask your opinions about which kit is best suited for my car and what other modifications I should consider at the same time such as headers, Intercooler, Oil Pan, etc. If I do this, then I want to do it right so understanding the total cost is going to be important.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-Vikas Arya

Probably a lot more info on meth on m3post
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thanks Paul,

Where do I find "m3post"?

Quote Originally Posted by VikAry View Post
    Thanks Paul,

Where do I find "m3post"?
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/index.php

Plenty of relevant topics in the Engine section
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Installed a Aquamist HFS5 meth kit and ran 100% meth in my Evo VIII, after doing a bunch of other supporting mods first. The gains were great although not sure the amount of power returned was worth the cost, ongoing maintenance, fear of pump failure, etc.

I do not have any feedback to pass on. I suspect you would see very little gain unless you supercharge or turbo first. From a cost and reliability perspective supercharging is your best bet, and certainly best bang for the buck!

Edit: I suggest giving RRT Racing a call - 703-661-4222. They would be able to give you the pros and cons of all options pretty quickly.
    Last edited by isjoey; 03-20-2018 at 08:56 AM.
    BMW NCC HPDE Instructor

2017 M2
    2011 335is

Thread Information