• 05-05-2018
    *The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
    Calendar
    Social

    05/05/2018 - BMW CCA Cars & Coffee, BMW of Sterling

    Come join BMW CCA as we host our first Cars & Coffee of 2018 at BMW of Sterling 9am. With Cars & Coffee events popping up all over the area, this one is dedicated to both modern and vintage BMWs and their enthusiast owners. This is also our NCC Spring Kickoff weekend as we open the year with various enthusiast events across the DMV (see flyer below).

    BMW of Sterling will be providing free coffee in their Cafe and also special BMW CCA pricing on any parts/accessories you may need.

    BMW of Sterling
    21710 Auto World Circle
    Sterling, VA 20166

    BMW CCA membership is not required for this event, so whether you've owned your BMW for 30+ years or just picked it up a few days ago, we all share the love for the Roundel.

    RSVP'd yes: 18 RSVP'd maybe: 1 RSVP'd no: 1
    • F30 05-04-2018 08:20 PM - Hope for no rain again this time
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 16 to 24 of 24

    Thread: 05/05/2018 - BMW CCA Cars & Coffee, BMW of Sterling: 05-05-2018

                      
       
    1. #16
      Senior Member John in VA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Leesburg
      Posts
      1,042
      Quote Originally Posted by meganlin View Post
      You sir are bang on correct. They are just lazy to move the cars and the CCA management is telling us its "due to rain" LOL. Biggest joke of the year. We should go to a dealership that actually wants to host us. Sterling sucks, not to mention their rude attitude the last time I was there.
      CCA management? This is a National Capital chapter event issue. We are all volunteers here. We're all disappointed that part of the big spring kickoff was cancelled, but I think you'll live. Sounds like you & "F30" have some great ideas & experiences - I hope you'll come out tomorrow anyway (the DIY is still being held, as it's inside) to share how to make the chapter better & volunteer to help.
      John in VA

      '74 2002tii
      '85 535i
      '86 535i
      '00 328i
      '02 325xi
      '03 530i
      '06 330ci ZHP
      '15 228i M Sport

    2. #17
      Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
      CCA management? This is a National Capital chapter event issue. We are all volunteers here. We're all disappointed that part of the big spring kickoff was cancelled, but I think you'll live. Sounds like you & "F30" have some great ideas & experiences - I hope you'll come out tomorrow anyway (the DIY is still being held, as it's inside) to share how to make the chapter better & volunteer to help.
      You specialize in being sarcastic and rude. I suggest you put that to some use and make the club better by recognizing dealer who don't care about the club. This isn't a personal attack on you or about you even though you want it to be. It's about how BMW sterling doesn't give a damn about hosting the CCA event. Yes, everyone is a volunteer but there still is management, is there not? Don't pretend like a management does not exist. What for is there an administration tab on this website then? Now you want me to come to the DIY after that very dealer treats the club in such a manner? I think people should know better and not support a dealer who doesn't support us. Isn't that what the CCA says? "Please support our sponsors". It's not a one way street and the sooner the club realizes that the better. This is in the interest of the club that we start to realize Sterling doesn't care one bit about the club. They pay porters by the hour to move cars here and there, you're telling me they have no one to do that? Please wake up and see reality my friend.

    3. #18
      Senior Member John in VA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Leesburg
      Posts
      1,042
      Quote Originally Posted by meganlin View Post
      Now you want me to come to the DIY after that very dealer treats the club in such a manner? I think people should know better and not support a dealer who doesn't support us. Isn't that what the CCA says? "Please support our sponsors". It's not a one way street and the sooner the club realizes that the better. This is in the interest of the club that we start to realize Sterling doesn't care one bit about the club.
      Yet this dealership has opened a majority of their repair facility to allow clubs members to work on their cars today, makes some of their specialized tools available to us, has their techs there to lend a hand when needed, and offers a discount on parts. This is much more of a commitment than clearing the parking lot.

      If a cars & coffee event is your pleasure, and you want it to happen at a local BMW dealership, please set it up & let the social or marketing contact know the details so they can be shared with the other members. We love to get together!
      John in VA

      '74 2002tii
      '85 535i
      '86 535i
      '00 328i
      '02 325xi
      '03 530i
      '06 330ci ZHP
      '15 228i M Sport

    4. #19
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      Manassas
      Posts
      4
      Well maybe when the club cancels an event short notice, an email could be sent out. We're not on this site everyday and just wasted a morning driving our cars up to the event only to find it cancelled... not a happy member right now.

    5. #20
      Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
      Yet this dealership has opened a majority of their repair facility to allow clubs members to work on their cars today, makes some of their specialized tools available to us, has their techs there to lend a hand when needed, and offers a discount on parts. This is much more of a commitment than clearing the parking lot.

      If a cars & coffee event is your pleasure, and you want it to happen at a local BMW dealership, please set it up & let the social or marketing contact know the details so they can be shared with the other members. We love to get together!
      I appreciate that, thank you. I do agree it is nice of them to let us use their service bays etc, but it just seems very odd they wouldn't move their cars out (have the porters do it).

    6. #21
      Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg View Post
      Well maybe when the club cancels an event short notice, an email could be sent out. We're not on this site everyday and just wasted a morning driving our cars up to the event only to find it cancelled... not a happy member right now.
      They did post it on facebook and instagram but I agree they should send an email out as well so that each and every person is aware. I'm sure there are some people not on facebook or instagram. Whoever handles their marketing/outreach sucks at doing it properly.

    7. #22
      Also, LOOK at how much its raining, so much I can't even see it! LOL! What fools canceling due to rain when there hasn't even been a drop of it.

    8. #23
      I agree also there is something else to this problem

    9. #24
      Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg View Post
      Well maybe when the club cancels an event short notice, an email could be sent out. We're not on this site everyday and just wasted a morning driving our cars up to the event only to find it cancelled... not a happy member right now.
      i agree with you also sir this entire issue is not good send an email to paul seto and tell him

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Chapter Event 11/04/2017 - BMW CCA Cars & Coffee @ BMW of Sterling
      By pseto in forum Social RSVP
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 11-04-2017, 02:52 PM
    2. Chapter Event 04/02/2016 - BMW CCA Cars & Coffee @ BMW of Sterling
      By pseto in forum Social RSVP
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 04-02-2016, 05:29 AM
    3. Chapter Event 07/11/2015 - Cars & Coffee @ BMW of Sterling
      By 1996 328ti in forum Social
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-11-2015, 03:45 PM
    4. Chapter Event 06/06/2015 - BMW CCA Cars & Coffee @ BMW of Sterling
      By pseto in forum Social RSVP
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 06-05-2015, 03:06 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •