Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/04/2018 - AACA Museum Tour
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 08/04/2018 - AACA Museum Tour

Hybrid View

08/04/2018 - AACA Museum Tour

AACA Museum in Hershey, PA Tour
    Depart 9:30 am
    August 4, 2018
    Details to follow.

Register here.

Join us for a cruise through Northern Maryland and South Central PA with Stops at the Hopkins Family Garage and the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum!

We will meet at 8:30 north of Frederick, off Route 15, and then head north east into the scenic countryside with an occasional stop until we reach the Hopkins Family Garage around 11. Where we will take a break, wander the property, enjoy the collection of vintage cars with a starting demonstrations and plenty of chances for Photopps. Donuts and local produce from Central PA Orchards will be provided. Food and cars what more can you ask for!

From there we will continue north crossing over the Susquehanna river and then a few more backroads before we arrive at our lunch stop around noon, Fenicci's Hershey's oldest Italian Restaurant around 1. We will then head over AACA Museum around 2:30 to check out what's on display in the museums 3 stories of exhibit usually a large variety of cars old and older.
    We are meeting at the Goodwill Store Parking Lot off Route 15 starting at 8:30am.

The cost for the tour is $5 per person over 18. If you cancel before the close of registration you will be refunded.
    The Cost for the AACA Museum will be $12/ per person. Kids are welcome and have lower priced tickets.
    Last edited by rhop101; 06-26-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Let us know if there are any ideas you want to do?

There are lots of orchards in the area and a Racing Museum that could make up a fun future tour. Any more ideas?

We will be having a midday Lunch at Fenicci's in Downtown Hershey! Note the Start Time changed to 9:00am from 9:30. We will meet at 8:30. See you then!
    Last edited by rhop101; 06-28-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    NCC Chapter Member Since 2014
    Tourmeister
    Daily Meatgrinder: 2007 Civic Lx
    GQ 1: 2015 M235i, Mineral White Metallic, 8-spd
    GQ 2: 2008 Honda S2000, Laguna Blue

Registration is now open!
    Tourmeister

We are considering trying Maps.Me and a .kmz gps file for this tour as a supplement to go along the directions. When this file is imported into Maps.Me it will display in the App and be bookmarked for future use, so no need to go into history or reclick any links in an email!

It will download the road maps as well so it can be used offline and it will show your location on the map via your phones gps even without cell service so if you get lost it will show where you are and the route in red so all you have to do is backtrack and the red line will show you when you have returned to the route!

Sorry Turn by Turn is not possible yet which would be the ultimate prize :P.
    Tourmeister

Thank you to the couple folks who have signed up already! I will send out the first email blaster with route details and the maps.me compatible file by end of the day Monday. I am going to check the route for construction work this weekend coming up. Looking forward to seeing everyone August 4th!
    Tourmeister

I know for some tours, two way radios are often used. Will you be using any for this (or future tours), and if so, any recommended types/brands? Thanks!

Hi ShinobiDave,

I use channel 7 on my radio and will be bringing a few for people to use. If you have one feel free to bring it if you're coming. I've always used Motorola, but have no preferences. 2 way radios are by far the best way to communicate quickly between cars on tours like this.

For All,

I test drove the route Saturday and for the most part we are good to go. I found due to the rain last week a few bridges were out later in the route and with more rain expected this week, I will need to adjust the planned route to compensate. I will send out a email blaster with the route tonight for those who have signed up already.
    Tourmeister

Quote Originally Posted by rhop101 View Post
    Hi ShinobiDave,

I use channel 7 on my radio and will be bringing a few for people to use. If you have one feel free to bring it if you're coming. I've always used Motorola, but have no preferences. 2 way radios are by far the best way to communicate quickly between cars on tours like this.
    since almost everyone has a cellphone, you can use the free app Zello which functions just like a 2 way radio.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Yet again is the time for another tour and yet again there has been poor advertising for it. You shoud post on facebook, instagram and send out email alerts informing people of the tours! The tours are so wonderful but many people do not know when they are because people do not browse this website daily. I encourage you to spread the word via social media.

Quote Originally Posted by meganlin View Post
    Yet again is the time for another tour and yet again there has been poor advertising for it. You shoud post on facebook, instagram and send out email alerts informing people of the tours! The tours are so wonderful but many people do not know when they are because people do not browse this website daily. I encourage you to spread the word via social media.
    This event has been advertised in our email blasts and social media for some time now, so I'm not sure why you're not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by meganlin View Post
    This event has been advertised in our email blasts and social media for some time now, so I'm not sure why you're not seeing it.

Paul,
    I suggest sending out another email and posting on facebook and instagram. Who manages the instagram? It needs to be kept more up to date.

Meganlin, maybe you should be the solution rather than complaining. Volunteer to help. Complaining gets nowhere. Obviously you saw the tour someplace. It’s posted prominently on social media and email blasts. It’s sounds like it’s just an issue with you. Our tours are well received and well attended.

So are you volunteering?

Thread Information