Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dan's list of local repair shops - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Dan's list of local repair shops

Quote Originally Posted by 84Targa View Post
    Any suggestions for Frederick, MD area?
    I sent you a message - you'll see it in Notifications at the very top of the page.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by 84Targa View Post
    Any suggestions for Frederick, MD area?
    I realize this question was asked a while back, but I'm from Urbana and I've been really happy with Deutsch American http://www.deutschamerican.com . I first had them work on my used X3 when i had just bought it. I had it previously had inspected by another shop in Houston before being shipped up here. They picked up on everything I was expecting them to find and even found a loose U joint in the drive shaft that I hadn't realized was a problem until I stopped noticing a soft clanking sound between acceleration and deceleration after they fixed it. (It is my first X drive, so I just attributed it to normal sounds for an AWD stick shift). It had even made it past MD inspection too....

I meticulously detailed the X3 inside and out--including the engine bay--before dropping it off. I've never had a shop finish with an oil change and leave my engine bay looking as clean as it did when I brought it in-- no drops of oil, no finger prints. This shop is the most detail oriented place that I've used. The place is not new and shiny, but it is clean and organized. And something awesome about using them is that they have their own private air strip to test drive the cars so it is a very controlled environment. I take all my cars there now unless it is something like a recall that needs to go to a dealer.

Very friendly and accommodating as well. And I've also been flexible with them to drop a car off a few days early if they had a cancellation.

They aren't the cheapest shop I've used, but I think they are well worth it considering how picky I am.

Can anyone recommend any shops in the Baltimore area? I'm due for new front brakes on my 335 and figure an indy shop could save me a little over the dealer. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph335 View Post
    Can anyone recommend any shops in the Baltimore area? I'm due for new front brakes on my 335 and figure an indy shop could save me a little over the dealer. Thanks.
    Benchmark Motors in Columbia
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph335 View Post
    Tier Car Care, 307 Church Lane, Pikesville, MD 21211

Tommy Ivic is an instructor for our HPDE's and no one, I repeat no one, knows BMWs better in the area.

Thanks for the two recommendations guys. Both shops look like great options.
    2014 Alpine White 335i X-drive M-Sport

Could anyone recommend me highly reputable shop to get my transmission oil changed?

I live in Hunt Valley area and I have yet to find a shop who I can trust to get the job done correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Zen0s View Post
    Could anyone recommend me highly reputable shop to get my transmission oil changed? I live in Hunt Valley area and I have yet to find a shop who I can trust to get the job done correctly.(
    Our president Paul has previously recommended Benchmark Motors in Columbia - have you checked with them?
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Our president Paul has previously recommended Benchmark Motors in Columbia - have you checked with them?
    yes sent them an email thank you!

Is transmission oil change not recommended? I called one dealer and they said they don't do that and bmw doesn't recommend it... and the other dealer says $2000 just for the labor! which doesn't sound right at all. Even ZF transmission recommend doing so at around 62k miles :/
    Last edited by Zen0s; 04-15-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Most owners feel that BMW's "lifetime" transmission fluid is a fallacy, so do change the fluid. $2K is ridiculous. Look for a shop offering the BG power flush & fluid exchange - we used a shop in Dulles VA & had this done on the '00 E46 with no problem at 60K miles. The BG fluid was compatible with the BMW/Texaco AT fluid recommended in our transmission.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/trans...change-system/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Most owners feel that BMW's "lifetime" transmission fluid is a fallacy, so do change the fluid. $2K is ridiculous. Look for a shop offering the BG power flush & fluid exchange - we used a shop in Dulles VA & had this done on the '00 E46 with no problem at 60K miles. The BG fluid was compatible with the BMW/Texaco AT fluid recommended in our transmission.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/trans...change-system/
    Thank you John!

I just heard back from benchmark mortors and their price definitely reasonable! not sure what kind of flush system they use tho but I did get a service kit from fcpeuro which includes all the necessary OE parts. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-24118612901kt

I just hope that I won't run into any issues... too many bad experiences with shops nearby!

Glad to hear it! Some shops will allow owner-supplied parts, some don't. You should have no problem return the kit if that is the case.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by flanast View Post
    Tier Car Care, 307 Church Lane, Pikesville, MD 21211

Tommy Ivic is an instructor for our HPDE's and no one, I repeat no one, knows BMWs better in the area.
    Went to see Tommy last week and he took real good care of me. Really nice guy who definitely knows his BMWs. Did the front brakes, a brake flush & oil change on my 335 all while busting my chops that I wasn't coming out to track at Chapter Fest.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely be back to have Tommy do more work to the car!
    This talk about the trans fluid change below has me thinking I'll need to go back to Tommy sooner than later. Maybe I'll have him do it in a few months.
    2014 Alpine White 335i X-drive M-Sport

Is Dan Martin's shop still in service?

Hello All
    Any recommendations for a service shop in DC, far NW area I read through the recent posts, did not find any. Thanks!

Thread Information