Quote Originally Posted by 84Targa View Post
Any suggestions for Frederick, MD area?
I realize this question was asked a while back, but I'm from Urbana and I've been really happy with Deutsch American http://www.deutschamerican.com . I first had them work on my used X3 when i had just bought it. I had it previously had inspected by another shop in Houston before being shipped up here. They picked up on everything I was expecting them to find and even found a loose U joint in the drive shaft that I hadn't realized was a problem until I stopped noticing a soft clanking sound between acceleration and deceleration after they fixed it. (It is my first X drive, so I just attributed it to normal sounds for an AWD stick shift). It had even made it past MD inspection too....

I meticulously detailed the X3 inside and out--including the engine bay--before dropping it off. I've never had a shop finish with an oil change and leave my engine bay looking as clean as it did when I brought it in-- no drops of oil, no finger prints. This shop is the most detail oriented place that I've used. The place is not new and shiny, but it is clean and organized. And something awesome about using them is that they have their own private air strip to test drive the cars so it is a very controlled environment. I take all my cars there now unless it is something like a recall that needs to go to a dealer.

Very friendly and accommodating as well. And I've also been flexible with them to drop a car off a few days early if they had a cancellation.

They aren't the cheapest shop I've used, but I think they are well worth it considering how picky I am.