Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dan's list of local repair shops - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan's list of local repair shops

Quote Originally Posted by chicane View Post
    Seriously, who is the best of the best as far as working on ///M engines in NOVA? I'm really not into throwing darts at board when it comes to my M3?
    You don't even say which M3 you have. The E36 with S52 engine is pretty much the same engine as any 325 or 328 of the same era and any competent shop can handle that. The E30 and E46 engines are a little more unique. James at RRT near Dulles has tons of experience working on both. Bill Shook at Kraftwagon in Alexandria has worked on the E30's S14 for many years, including more re-builds than he desired. I don't know if he's taking on new customers now or not.
    Last edited by woodym3; 09-30-2008 at 03:57 PM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thanks

Thanks.
    Last edited by chicane; 09-30-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau View Post
    BMW Excluservice changed management. They now do crap work. ...
    I do not recommend Excluservice either.

Quote Originally Posted by jkuper View Post
    I think it's fair to assume that any of them will, but its also fair to assume they will charge you more, since they are not making money on parts, which is part of their ordinary income.
    we don't charge extra on parts, we discount all parts installed 15%, sometimes more depending on the part. we do not charge list price on any part. we only use oem parts or equivalent i.e. mann filters, ate rotors, pagid pads, etc. if you bring your own parts we don't jack up the labor rates either. we, as most shops, do not warranty the parts you bring in. our shop is Deutsch American, we've been in business for about 15 years, and our website is being updated/created. hopefuly, we will get the website up very soon. we are located off of 270 5 minutes south of frederick.

I feel the need to add AT Speed Motorsports to the list of repair shops, off Coca Cola drive in Hanover,Md. convenient to 295 and 95, just off rte.100. The only non dealer, authorized DINAN service center in the area! www.atspeedmotorsports.com. For Porsche, Audi, BMW and Mercedes repair as well as your other cars.

Does anyone have experience with Ashburn European Service Center & Glen Jensen? A local E28 owner mentioned the place, but I'm not familiar with the shop.
    TIA!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

I've used fairfax motors off main street for about 5 years now. They are convenient to my home, prices are comparable, loaner car and honor most aftermarket warranty repair. They have worked on my 01 325ci when i had it and my current car (04 m3 cabrio) since the factory warranty ran out in March of this year.

Brian is the shop manager and Charlie is the service writer.

Good people there and any indy shop is better than the stealership!

Thumbs up Rrt = wow!!!

I just wanted to give major props to RRT:

http://www.roadracetech.com/

They fixed a problem on my M3 that no one else could and for that I am eternally grateful. Well worth the trip from Richmond, but if I was a local I would use them exclusively.

Dan's List

I couldn't open them. Could you please list them on the thread?

Dan's List

The following is Dan's List reference in this tread's first post.

The shops that I am personally familiar with are first, followed by some that I've heard about. Labor rates are indicated when known.

Dan Martin's Auto Service
    8100 H Beechcraft Avenue
    Gaithersburg, MD 20879
    (301) 926-8977
    Small shop but the work is excellent; he knows BMW's very well and his prices are very good. One year warranty. Frequented by the more 'performance-driven' club members. Well-acquianted with older BMW's and M-cars. ($75/hr)

J & F Motors
    4064 S. Four Mile Run Dr.
    Arlington, VA 22206
    (703) 671-7757
    Excellent service and workmanship. One year warranty. Prices are higher than some other independents and management attitude can be a bit 'snooty.' Well-suited to cutomers who want to be pampered or those who don't 'know' their Bimmer. Unfortunately, their best wrench, Bill Brochu has moved on to Virginia Beach, but the rest of the staff is quite competent. ($90/hr, $110/hr if you supply parts)

Alexandria Bavarian Service
    Grant Randall
    416 East Raymond Avenue
    Alexandria, VA 22301
    (703) 836-2002
    Superb work. Two year warranty. These guys live and breathe Bimmers. Blunt with their opinions, but very passionate and relatively thorough. Well-acquianted with 6er's, older/newer BMW's. TireRack direct sales & service, too. ($90/hr)

London Auto Services, Ltd.
    Tom Baruch
    7718 Lee Highway
    Falls Church, VA 22042
    (703) 560 - 6975
    Widely considered to be the 'coupe-king' of the D.C. metropolitan area. Lots of experience with 1st Generation M-Cars, E30's, E28's, E24's, E12's and E9's. I've been pleased with Tom's professionalism and expertise. ($85/hr)

Road Race Technologies, Inc.
    Barry Battle
    23700 Overland Drive
    Dulles, VA 20166
    (703) 661-4222 (service)
    A full-service shop of BMW racing fanatics who can do everything you need, be it oil changes to fuel cell installations. Formerly of Bimmerworld, Battle carries quality OEM and performance parts, some of which RRT has custom machined to spec. ($85/hr)

(The shops below have come up in discussion or searches, but I've never used them, personally.)

Martin Motorsports, Inc. (not affiliated with Dan Martin)
    460a S Pickett St
    Alexandria, VA 22304
    (703) 823-9735
    Well-regarded by club members. Personal experience with M6's, E24's and E28's. ($80/hr)

Sigy's Service Center
    Siegfried Krause
    110 Crabb Ave
    Rockville MD 20850
    (301) 881-6725
    Some laud the service, others loathe the attitude. Krause is legendary/notorious amongst local service departments.

BMW Excluservice
    12224 Parklawn Drive
    Rockville, MD 20852
    (301) 231-5400
    A little pricey and getting more expensive; it used to be one of the best shops in the mid-Atlantic region, but now is looking to be sold to new owners, while customers bear the expense of making the profit margin look appetizing. Few service techs/mechanics stay in Lothar's employ for very long these days.

Autoy / Autowerke
    11848 Coakley Circle
    Rockville, MD 20852
    (301)-770-0700
    Used as a 'secondary-shop' by a friend who otherwise patronizes Dan Martin's shop. Well considered amongst Maryland-area club members.

Curry's Auto Service
    4003A Westfax Drive
    Chantilly, VA 20151
    (703) 502-0400

1510 Moran Road
    Sterling, VA 20166
    (571) 522-1002
    Rumor has it that their prices are high, though the service is acceptable. Quite often, the recommendations err on the side of caution... and the bottom line.

Advantage Certified
    8503 Euclid Avenue
    Suite 5
    Manassas Park, VA 20111
    (703) 361-3335
    Recommended by a handful of BMW CCA members from the National Capital Chapter. According to another member, “My general impression was that they were competent, honest, and repaired the car correctly in a timely manner. The prices were only slightly cheaper than going to the dealership however. If you need a loaner, they only have a couple of loaner cars that you need to reserve in advance.” ($99/hr)

Fairfax Service Center
    Reese Sherbaf
    2850 Prosperity Avenue
    Fairfax, VA. 22031
    (703) 560-1700
    A certified Dinan dealer and service shop, the reviews have been mixed, especially when dealing with older, non-OBD cars that need to be diagnosed, rather than downloaded.

AutoThority
    3769-B Pickett Road
    Fairfax, VA 22031
    (703) 323-7830

German Autoworks
    Dennis Burke
    Rockville, MD
    (301) 424-7463

Autodynamics
    Don Andrews
    15862 Somrvle Dr
    Rockville, MD
    (301) 948-4744

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Who amongst us has had enough work done at every shop in the area to be in a position to give an informed opinion? All you can do is sort through the various recommendations, make some direct phone calls to ask the right questions, pick one, and most important, cross your fingers.
    Or better yet, buy some tools and get your fingers dirty, then you can only blame yourself for shoddy work. These older models aren't magical to work on ,actually a lot simpler than some japanese stuff. I would be happy to charge $50 /hr. doing some of these simple maintenance jobs.

At Speed Motorsports; in Hanover, Maryland is outstanding.

e39 m5

I am new to the CCA. I have owned three BMWs over the years and currently own a 1997 528i. It has been a great car. Currently, I am in the market for a e 39 m5. I have looked at several over the last two months, two by private owners and two by dealers. My question is this. Has anyone had any dealings with EEE Luxury Automobiles located next to Pallone Chevrolet? They have plenty of BMWs for sale on their website. They currently have an Avus blue 2000 m5. I drove it yesterday. The salesman says they are taking business away from the various dealers due to their quality vehicles and maintenance. They advertise a 12 month 12,000 mile free maintenace warranty. He said they work on everything. They have been there for two years having moved from Arlington. No mention of the in Washington Consumers Checkbook. Also, I would be interested in any comments/ suggestions on e39 m5s.

Thanks, Bill Goss

For what it's worth (probably not much actually) I live in Arlington and have never heard of them. There are lots of used car lots in the Clarendon - Ballston corridor that seem to come and go all the time.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by bgo View Post
    The salesman says they are taking business away from the various dealers due to their quality vehicles and maintenance.
    Spoken like a true used car salesman.
    I'm willing to bet they are doing as poorly as the 'various' BMW dealers.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information