Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Bodywork and respray?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bodywork and respray?

Bodywork and respray?

My 92 E30 Vert was hit by a backhoe this week I was planning on getting it resrayed a differant color this winter. So now it needs bodywork and with pending respray are there any shops out there that will work with me in getting the whole care resprayed and the dent not to cost a fortune?

Banned
    I know a shop that will work with you etc. Problem is the cost. Best bodyshop in the area is Wagonwerk and their prices reflect the quality of their work. They work for you adn not in cohoots with the insurance company.

Stop by Edison High School on Franconia and see what kind of deal they can work for you. Usually it is just material cost and if you are not pressed for time
    it maybe your best option.

I'll try stopping by the school venue, Thanks I forgot all about HS autobody shops. The one you mentioned is in Springfield?

Banned
    Edison is on Franconia Rd about 3miles or so east of Springfield Mall. Edision and Wt Woodson have auto body programs in Fairfax County.

Sab

Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3
    My 92 E30 Vert was hit by a backhoe this week I was planning on getting it resrayed a differant color this winter. So now it needs bodywork and with pending respray are there any shops out there that will work with me in getting the whole care resprayed and the dent not to cost a fortune?

I recommend Springfield Auto Body. They sponsor my racecar and they love working on BMWs. Call Jim Scott (Owner) or Jim Amery (Shop Manager) there at (703) 569-5055 and tell them I referred you. They'll take very good care of you. Several people from this forum have used them and everyone's been very please.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Thank's Barry

I got an estimate from CarCraftCollision in Springfield to start. They said 3k of damages. Oh I miss said the vehicle, it was a bobcat not a backhoe.

Get More Than One

Thank's Barry

I got an estimate from CarCraftCollision in Springfield to start. They said 3k of damages. Oh I miss said the vehicle, it was a bobcat not a backhoe.
    Well, I hope you're going to get more than one estimate. And, I'm sure you'll like the guys at Springfield Auto Body.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

Quote Originally Posted by Barry
    Well, I hope you're going to get more than one estimate. And, I'm sure you'll like the guys at Springfield Auto Body.
    Barry
    Yes, I got two others and they were right in the same general area of cost.

I am bring it in to them today, to get an estimate from them. Thanks once again.
    Last edited by M-technik-3; 09-28-2005 at 08:14 AM.

Quality

Yes, I got two others and they were right in the same general area of cost.

I am bring it in to them today, to get an estimate from them. Thanks once again.
    Well, if quality matters to you, you'll be real happy with their work.
    Several NCC members have used them and they were all VERY pleased.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

Yes, they are the shop I will be using. I got my check toady from the landscaper company. I will be doing a total color change from Laguna Green to a Pretty BMW blue.

There is a very nice 92 318iC in the color here on Post. It will look very much like that car.

So my wife wants to change from this color

for this color

Yes, they are the shop I will be using. I got my check toady from the landscaper company. I will be doing a total color change from Laguna Green to a Pretty BMW blue.

There is a very nice 92 318iC in the color here on Post. It will look very much like that car.

Let me know when the car is there and I'll call them & tell them to take special care of you.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

Ok can do, I had asked a machine shop question earlier in the week, do you have any idea?

??

Ok can do, I had asked a machine shop question earlier in the week, do you have any idea?
    What was the question?
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    2007 GT3
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

Body Shop

I have to recommend First Choice AutoBody in Arlington off of Route 1. They did excellent work on the front end of my E46 M3!!!

Ask for Ray Moxley 703.836.6920.

Thread Information