Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for 330xi

Thread: Looking for 330xi

Looking for 330xi

Hello,

I am new to the Northern Virginia area and I am looking for a 2002 - 2003 330xi Gray exterior, gray leather interior, 5-speed manual transmission.

So does anyone have any advice on where to look for that car, or does anyone know someone who goes to auctions that for a fee would look for that specific car, or any other suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bryan

I bought both of my BMWs at AutoAdvantage in Manassas.

http://www.onlybmws.com/va/index.html

Their prices are fair (but probably not the cheapest around). They purchase cars that are in great shape and then go over them with a fine tooth comb and correct any and all deficiencies. Just about everyone who saw my cars after I bought them thought that it was a new car.

They have a low pressure sales approach (I don't think their salespeople are on commission) and allowed me to drive several cars by myself on extended test drives while I was trying to make up my mind. They will even track a car down for you if they do not have it in stock. That is how we got our wagon.

They have also been very good about correcting any issues discovered after the sale.
    Last edited by SMOODY; 11-10-2005 at 07:52 AM.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

I'm no pro, but AutoAdvantage does have great service for stock BMW's, as I've recently experienced, along with a good collection of cars. If you punch up cars.com and roadfly.org, there are tons of E46 3's in this area.

I'd be a little leary of auction cars, and even some CPO's. My CPO car from a local dealer had a clean carfax that somehow blinded me to the bodywork that had been done. There are some really scary cars out there and they move pretty easily through the auction circuit.

Personally, I'd suggest looking for a nice, neurotic owner with a very meticulous maintenance history and a roomy garage. When I bought my M3, the guy almost reconsidered selling it to me- usually a good sign. Good luck!

Thread Information