Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
e92 M3 - Squared vs. Staggered?

Thread: e92 M3 - Squared vs. Staggered?

e92 M3 - Squared vs. Staggered?

I am looking into buying a dedicated set of track wheels and tires but am not sure whether to go with a staggered or square setup on my 2012 e92 M3. I have read about the pros and cons of each but it seems like a staggered setup with the widest possible wheels is the best setup for the e92 M3. I've read that the square setup is better for the e46 because it had significant understeer with a staggered setup; an issue that BMW addressed in the e92.

I have Fortune Auto Coilovers and am thinking of running 19x9.5 fronts and 19x10 rears. Wanted to find out if anyone has experience running either setup and what size wheels are you running.

Thanks.

-Vikas

On my 2008 E92 M3, dedicated track car with TC Kline double adjustable coilover system and Stop Tech Trophy BBK, I run Rays TE37 18x9.5 front, 18x10.5 rear but with 275/35/18 tires all around. There is very little understeer to scrub away. The car transitions seemlessly/effortlessly into oversteer....love it.
    J
    BMW CCA Instructor
    NCC HPDE Registrar
    PCA Instructor
    FCA Instructor
    XX Instructor

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jasonschiavone View Post
    On my 2008 E92 M3, dedicated track car with TC Kline double adjustable coilover system and Stop Tech Trophy BBK, I run Rays TE37 18x9.5 front, 18x10.5 rear but with 275/35/18 tires all around. There is very little understeer to scrub away. The car transitions seemlessly/effortlessly into oversteer....love it.
    J
    BMW CCA Instructor
    NCC HPDE Registrar
    PCA Instructor
    FCA Instructor
    XX Instructor

Thank you Jason. I decided to go with 19x10" ET25 Satin Black APEX EC-7 Wheel with 265/35ZR-19 TOYO PROXES R888.
    My logic (if you want to call it that) was that running a square setup will not cause any more understeer; if anything it might reduce it and I have the option of rotating my tires to help prolong their life. This was an important selling point to my wife (haha) but try as I did, she wasn't buying my sales job . Can't wait to try my new toys on the track!

-Vikas

Thread Information