Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Online registration [April]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Online registration [April]

Online registration [April]

In an effort to lesson the burden of our registrar, we have decided to go with an online pre-registration form. The advantage of this is so our register doesn't have to manually enter 60 applications into our database nor decipher handwriting. The advantage to students will be the ability to keep their form updated for when they do registrar. There will still be a registration period where the form will need to be mailed in along with a photo copy of your membership card, drivers license and insurance card.

So please test the form at
    http://www.nccbmwcca.org/forum/newthread.php?do=hpde
    Post your comments here.
    Remember, this is only a test.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

What are you looking for in the "experience" field? Yes/No? Number of times you've been there?

Quote Originally Posted by bren
    What are you looking for in the "experience" field? Yes/No? Number of times you've been there?
    Good question.
    I'm looking for numeric repsonses only. If none, use 0. The default will be zero for any new users from this point on.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by bren
    I'm looking for a numeric response. I'll update the form to make it clearer.
    Thanks. Dan has me working on more suggestions.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

The electronic form looks pretty straight forward and consistent with the hard copy application. I would suggest that you list an example or two in the "Experience (Days) Other" section. (i.e., Skip Barber - Limerock, CT - 2 Day Driving, Audi Club - VIR/Full - 2 Day). I look forward to using the process for the DEs this year.
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Fix the damned phone format thing.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd
    Fix the damned phone format thing.
    Didn't like having to format the phone number? I guess it's not that important. At least this way we will have valid, readable email addresses for everyone.

Also added an example for other experience.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Anyone else up for testing this out? Fill out the form and submit.
    I need to be sure everyone will understand what to do before moving on to the next step with this system. Also need to be sure it is working on all browsers. I don't want to find out there is a problem when we actually start to use it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by vjmvjmvjm
    Not quite ready for prime time.
    Oh I know.
    It's difficult when I'm looking at my page with everything filled out.
    I'll make the edit button more obvious with clearer instructions added.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I like how it grabs your name and member number from your login. I added zero for the Jefferson and Shenandoah Circuits but it showed "Required" . Is "0" not a valid entry?
    Tom
    Last edited by tgmeyer; 01-06-2006 at 02:06 PM.
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Got an e-mail and PM w/ the correct information. Cool!
    "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
    --Thoreau--
    2005 330 CiC

Yup - Except for the non obvious Edit button - everything else seems great. Does it really need TWO required phone number fields?

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    Didn't like having to format the phone number? I guess it's not that important. At least this way we will have valid, readable email addresses for everyone.

Also added an example for other experience.
    I *HATE* putting the parentheses in. 301-555-1212. Ten times better.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by tgmeyer
    I like how it grabs your name and memeber number from your login. I added zero for the Jefferson and Shenandoah Circuits but it showed "Required" . Is "0" not a valid entry?
    Tom
    0 should be valid. 0-999 should be valid. You sure you didn't use the letter O? When I edited my own data I went to edit the registration form instead of clicking on edit. I can see how that is confusing. Eventually I'd like to be able to edit the form and submit on the same form.
    Quote Originally Posted by pranu
    Yup - Except for the non obvious Edit button - everything else seems great. Does it really need TWO required phone number fields?
    Yes. It helps when we are trying to verify people. I'm trying to recreate the paper form we have been using. After the first school we'll see what is or is not needed.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 01-06-2006 at 01:28 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I filled inthe form completely but when I hit submit it gives me the following error:
    Thomas, you need to answer every question!
    You may have forgot to select which school you wish to pre-register for. Go back.
    You can edit your registration form here.

I do not see anything missing and I don't see any way of selecting which school I am pre-registering for. Am I missing something???
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Thread Information