Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
6/27 Event - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6/27 Event

Good, that's what you need to expect. You'll get faster and faster. My wife is pissed because she's not winning... women.

Quote Originally Posted by BahnBaum
    Quote Originally Posted by robmarch
    I would like to see how I did against the other novices
    It was my first autox and you beat me by over 3 seconds.... :roll:

Alex
    I've done 5 events, 4 in the Subaru, over the last calendar year. I guess I'm at the limit of the "novice" category, maybe. Still, this was the first event I really felt like I was driving the car, rather than hanging on.

I drove my H stock 96 Nissan Altima on all season tires at an event, and things happened slow enough that I figured out how to push a car through an autocross course. Autocross isn't easy, and it's harder to learn on very powerful cars, I think. I had turbo issues too, even though the STi has very little lag.

The fun of challenging yourself to make it through the course clean and with the best lines and no momentum killing mistakes is what it's about for me. The only reason I'm even interested in my time here is to see whether or not I should still register as a novice.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby
    You won't be able to just go out there and toss the car around your first time... it takes lots of seat time.
    Yeah...lots of seat time. I wonder what you're going ot be like when you get there. :shock:

Exactly!

I keep trying harder and harder, and I was .04 off of John V this event, so I'm getting there, but not where I want to be yet.

I was bitching the rest of the way home that I only got you by .04. I've been autocrossing for a long time. It's still fcuking hard!

You have made a ton of progress since last year, and you weren't slow then...
    Are you sure it was something you read, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

Thread Information