Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Idrive software updates

Thread: Idrive software updates

Idrive software updates

Hello! New Member and owner of a 2010 328i... I want to learn if there are any idrive software updates available. I know there are nav updates each year; wanted to find out if any are compatible with my model year. Anyone have information on how to get/install idrive software updates... the bmwusa website is vague.

Many thanks!

We just had our F30 in for the end of the free maintenance at BMW of Silver Spring & had a software update. You might check/ask at the E90 forum: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122

Something like this might also be an option: http://www.bmwfsc.ca/product/coding-software/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Vic - thanks for that link. I put my last 7 VIN digits in the box & it tells me I'm wrong! Perhaps it's because no update is available. It seems to just be a Blue tooth phone update from watching several videos.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thanks for all the feedback! Yes, I have a USB input and supposedly can import software updates... I went to the website, but there were no clear instructions. Lots of info online about this, I tried some of the click-push-click idrive instructions but no luck. BMWUSA replied to my inquiry saying that a dealer could update my maps (at what cost) so no DIY solution; but they also said that as of 12/31/16 they are no longer supporting BMWAssist in my model year. Oh well!

Has anyone else heard about BMW discontinuing support for BMWAssist in pre-2010 cars?

I thought this was such a cool feature and a real added value for the whole idrive concept. So now there will be no SOS/accident support, no pop-the-locks, no concierge, no help?! What about the SOS button by the sunroof button?

If I could enter AAA's emergency number in the BMWAssist..., if only! But no, that field is locked, and now it is blank. Will BMW offer an alternative? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by RJPoli View Post
    Has anyone else heard about BMW discontinuing support for BMWAssist in pre-2010 cars?

I thought this was such a cool feature and a real added value for the whole idrive concept. So now there will be no SOS/accident support, no pop-the-locks, no concierge, no help?! What about the SOS button by the sunroof button?

If I could enter AAA's emergency number in the BMWAssist..., if only! But no, that field is locked, and now it is blank. Will BMW offer an alternative? Anyone know?

There were several published letters on this subject in a recent (past) Roundel. I think 1-2 issues back.

It's more that <2010 cars. I believe it will be dead on our 2013 F30, too.
    http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1215687
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

You're right John, here is the reply from BMW:

Dear Customer,

Subject: Subscriber Agreement.

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.
    ************************************************** *******************************
    Vehicle cannot be registered. BMW Assist Safety Plan product for Model Year 2013 and older vehicles are no longer supported. ConnectedDrive Electronic Subscriber Agreement cannot be created.

We sincerely apologize that we are unable to continue to offer those services to you in your current BMW. If you have any further questions or feedback, please contact BMW Customer Relations at 1-800-831-1117.

Sincerely,
    BMW NA ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care
    Fax: 888-226-9492
    PO Box 100035
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33310
    -----------------------------

I wonder if they will offer any other options or similar services. I would like to make use of that real estate on my idrive menu!

I wonder if they will offer any other options or similar services. I would like to make use of that real estate on my idrive menu!
    BMW ConnectedDrive/BMW Assist used 2G cellular networking. Supposedly, the national cellular carriers originally said 2G service would operate well into the future, only to change their minds and shut 2G down. BMW is probably as angry as their customers about this, especially since the problem reaches all the way up to the 2016 Z4, but BMW doesn't own the networks. People with old 2G phones are in the same boat; the difference is that it's easier to trade in an old phone than an old car...

As for alternatives, I found this CNET article, which links to this Telematics News article, and both refer to BMW's 2G Sunset site. According to the articles, if you go to BMW's site and enter your VIN they'll tell you if you're affected, and offer you a choice of:

• A $300 BMW Lifestyle and Accessories voucher for in-center purchase and deactivation of existing technology
    • A $200 BMW Visa gift card and deactivation of existing technology
    • A retrofit of updated cellular technology to the vehicle (which will enable a new service that will cost $199/year)

I have a 2011 E91 without iDrive, though I do still have an emergency button (which I assume doesn't work; I've never tried). That site rejected my VIN as invalid, so either there's no retrofit for my car, or the offer is only for people whose subscriptions were cut short by this. (So what do I do if I decide down the road that I want to start subscribing to this stuff?)

Thread Information