Greetings everyone!

Not technically a new member as I just renewed membership but figured with the renewal I should intro and see if this forum is able to motive some chapter participation from me... I have been actively learning over on BimmerFest and want to do an event with the chapter but... time. Between the family and keeping TAB in condition...

The Angry Bear (TAB) is my 03 540iA Sport (daily driver) and one of my life dreams come true. To have the beauty and power that is the E39 is truly an experience... it sounds weird to me now but I spent about 3 years looking before I claimed TAB: the vehicle I wanted and an excellent story behind the name, I am a happy E39 owner. ... Well, as happy as an E39 owner can be.

TAB has been a Project. Having never been a DIYer, this may not have been the most logical choice of vehicle. But I have dived in and done the simple (fogs, interior trim) to easy (trans fluid & filter) to "master" (timing guides, VANOS) to "just a pain" (radiator, fan/clutch). My next items are control and thrust arms (death shimmy when breaking from 40-60), engine and trans mounts, and headlight adjusters.

After a 16 months of ownership I still pause every time I come up to or park her I say Wow. Wifey and the kids love her. "GO Daddy! Go fast" being the favorite phrases. After setting the Limit, I had to explain to Wifey both what the chiming was and that I have a maintenance account but not a speeding ticket one...

Hopefully, between those items, family, and work, I can still get out to an event or two.

Peter