Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Drivers School Oct 8-9
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Drivers School Oct 8-9

Drivers School Oct 8-9

Is there a roster or a way I know I am registered for this event?

-Alex B

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB
    Is there a roster or a way I know I am registered for this event?
    Generally no. Once registration is closed they will determine how many students to accept. Generally we accept ~45 for the Jefferson.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Will we find out AT LEAST 2.5 weeks in advance of this event? There is no refund two weeks in advance --

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    Will we find out AT LEAST 2.5 weeks in advance of this event? There is no refund two weeks in advance --
    If you didn't get in then you don't have to worry about cancelling for a refund.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

That's b.s.

Fatt

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    That's b.s.

There are others that use Summit Point to host HPDE's.
    Look into the FATT program. You can find info about it at:
    www.bsr-inc.com

Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Judging by the schools this year, with the exception of the Shenandoah, I would expect anyone who registered the first week will be accepted. The chief instructor decides how many students to accept based on the number of instructors signed up. Nothing is done until the registration period is closed.

In the past we required people to use the tech form from their registration packet. We have done away with that so people could get their car teched at an earlier convienence. We have eliminated mailing registration packets reducing the labor involved to print, fold, stuff envelopes and mail. Not to mention the cost savings.

If someone wants to cancel their application before the registration period is over there is no problem. Cancelling afterwards causes more work since assignments and run groups need to be changed.

If anyone has a suggestion, send them to Roy or attend the driving school steering committee meeting. I believe the next one is in a few weeks. The date is in the dB.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Suggestion???

Is there anyway that we could implement a policy where "upon receipt" an email is sent out indicating what number you are?

I.e., if you are the 1st person received, you receive an email telling you are first ... if you are the 49 applicant received -- you are told you are number 49.

This way, if we know that 45 people will be included -- we automatically know that after 45 -- you are on the waitlist and you also know your position in line. This should help people coordinate their schedules.

In addition, it should be easy to implement using MS Excel -- or some other variant. Upon receipt -- you are sent an email notifying you what number applicant you are.

Would this be too burdensome?

Yes, Rafael and I discussed this.
    We are developing an online preregistration system for next year which will make this easier. The system wil require a valid email address.
    If for instance if the Chief Instructor says we can accept 20 students before registration is closed, those 20 can be notified. Or we can post first name and last initial on the website. Registrations 21 and up are waitlisted. As we add to the accepted list we can update the list.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

As Steven mentioned, we are working on ways to improve the registration system and to improve communication with the members.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as assigning a number and anything below the "max registration" is considered as "in". The problem is instructor and student assignments. The chief instructor has to make sure that we have sufficient instructors for each event (not as easy as it sounds) and then he has to match the available instructors with students. This is why we will likely be "phasing in" the acceptances. Meaning, that for an event that has a capacity of 45 students, we may only be able to confirm the first 25 or 30 immediately and then wait a (hopefully) short period of time to notify the rest that they have been accepted.

I think we need to look at the entire registration process and consider improvements all along the process. We do many things correctly and efficiently. While we also have areas in which we need to improve.

Comments and suggestions are certainly welcome and helpful - so, please, keep them coming.

Thanks,
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

And as Doug pointed out to me in an email, we also hold spots for instructor academy students. So the numbering system will need to be tweaked. For argument sake the first student to register may be number 10 because we hold spots for IA students. I just chose 10 because I don't recall how many slots are reserved. But for every IA student that becomes an instructor, it means 2 more students can be accepted. Once we have a large enough pool of instructors it will be easier to know how many students to accept earlier. It's a slow process. But we are in much better shape than we were 4 years ago.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quick question: I realized today that I probably forgot to include a copy of my DL & insurance card this time around -- could that possibly prevent me from getting in?

Also, when will the people who did get in receive notification emails for the 10/8-10/9 school?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Quick question: I realized today that I probably forgot to include a copy of my DL & insurance card this time around -- could that possibly prevent me from getting in?
    Not this year but next year it will. We are going to be clear that you are not considered registered unless you enclosed a check, a copy of your proof of insurance and driver's license. This just saves time at the morning of the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkD
    Also, when will the people who did get in receive notification emails for the 10/8-10/9 school?
    Doug was working on that a couple days ago. I would expect that to happen very shortly. We will improve this next year. Promise.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Banned
    Since your DL can be suspended or revoked and your auto insurance can lapse or be cancelled I suggest maintaining checks the morning of the event. Just present both at the time of check in.

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedbyDuncan
    Since your DL can be suspended or revoked and your auto insurance can lapse or be cancelled I suggest maintaining checks the morning of the event. Just present both at the time of check in.
    Granted. If time allowed that might be doable but the registrar is there all alone. People need to get their paperwork and get ready for the day. Perhaps if there were at least two people we could do that.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information