Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New BMW owner on a lark - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New BMW owner on a lark

Thanks for all of the help in Sterling especially from Strven, David and James! New brake lines and new brake and differential fluid.

Car still driving nicely out of limp mode since the intake manifold project.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyinDC View Post
    took off intake manifold and repaired for the mystery hose now attached.
    Great! But, WHAT WAS IT? WHERE DID IT GO? I GOTTA KNOW!

Sorry I missed the last couple of DIYs. There was nothing I needed to do...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesAustin View Post
    Great! But, WHAT WAS IT? WHERE DID IT GO? I GOTTA KNOW!

Sorry I missed the last couple of DIYs. There was nothing I needed to do...
    Haha. Ok the mystery hose plugs into a nipple on the underside of the intake manifold. Mine was broken off. Now attached to a new nipple that was drilled in and epoxied

And nothing to do? I still need plenty of help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	2298

Ok the mystery hose plugs into a nipple on the underside of the intake manifold. Mine was broken off. Now attached to a new nipple that was drilled in and epoxied
    I wonder what it actually DOES. Supply vacuum to a sensor for the ECU?

So, did everything work out? Were you able to get the car repaired in time to pass emissions testing and get registered before the deadline?

So, did everything work out? Were you able to get the car repaired in time to pass emissions testing and get registered before the deadline?
    Thanks for following up the car is currently in my friend's driveway in Fairfax. Current codes are just the O2 sensors I haven't changed (lower ones) and camshaft position sensor.

Ive decided not to keep the car though if anyone is interested. It's an automatic (my first) and it's just just too much of a boat for my one block alley street on the Hill. i think we're doing the O2 sensors today. I have a replacement radiator fan shroud and belts (need pulleys) which should be done at the same time as the camshaft sensors. Also have tie rods which should probably be done with new suspension. Also have facelift headlight and taillight assemblies from Crazy Rays that would come with it. And oil pan gasket that needs to be replaced along with two extra BBS Center caps and some other things.

Ideally looking to trade for a Z3 or Z4.

I wonder what it actually DOES. Supply vacuum to a sensor for the ECU?
    I have no idea honestly but reattaching it, and changing all of the vacuum hoses and gaskets finally got it out of limp mode!

Edit. All of those and correcting the electrical. They had the electrical plugs for the alternator and MAF switched. Smh
    Last edited by BradleyinDC; 12-05-2016 at 01:58 PM.

I've replaced three of the four O2 sensors, but they're two snags. One new one is throwing a code (defective? Maybe I dropped it?). No worries replacing it soon. But one of the post cat ones we cannot get off (unreachable). Try with a 20 foot socket wrench through the engine bay down? I'm open to ideas.

Celebrated the new year by replacing the fuel filter. Slowly but surely.

Wednesday if it's not raining I may try to take out the seats and clean the carpet. There is supposed to be some fix for the airbag dash light. What is it?

Replaced the tie rods and boots today (and the last O2 sensor) and thanks to Annapolis for the alignment and other help. Picked up some parts for future projects that weren't even on my list! One step forward, ... I think now I have to replace the cats. Any suggestions? Price is a factor. Also it seems the oil filter housing gasket is the primary source of the leftover engine oil leak.

The drive back from Annapolis to DC was the best the car has ever run for me. Thanks again for all of the organizers and helpers!
    Last edited by BradleyinDC; 01-14-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Celebrated the new year by replacing the fuel filter.
    You party animal!

Transmission gave out. Selling car--already bought a Z3 that fits me better.

Thread Information