Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
New BMW owner on a lark

Thread: New BMW owner on a lark

Hybrid View

I called the BMW dealer closest to me in MD. She said she didn't have any records but there was one service done by BMW in Silver Spring and nine done at the BMW New York (Bayside, Douglaston, NY 718-229-4400). I called Bayside, but they would not release any information to me as policy. Completely unhelpful. Anyone know anyone at BMW in Bayside or have any other suggestions? I'm not trying anything nefarious with the previous owner or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyinDC View Post
    I... but they would not release any information to me as policy. Completely unhelpful.
    I ran into a similar "policy" when I was considering buying my brother-in-law's E39. He was able to smooth things over with the dealer in Atlanta that did most of his work (phone call, proof of ownership) & they were then able to share the service records with me.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Sounds like a great deal you got. Any chance you can post some pics once everything is all ironed out?

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyinDC View Post
    I called Bayside, but they would not release any information to me as policy. Completely unhelpful.
    I bought my 2011 E91 xDrive used from a non-BMW dealer. When I called BMW NA, and then went to my local BMW dealer, I found that BMW NA still listed my car under a previous owner's name. I suspect Bayside's actual policy is not to release any information to anyone they haven't verified to be the real owner, which is (unfortunately) a reasonable policy nowadays. Show paperwork that conclusively proves the car is YOUR car now (registration? title? bill of sale?), and I'm sure they'll become much more helpful.

Thread Information