Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
E90 eeks out competitors in latest C&D shootout

Thread: E90 eeks out competitors in latest C&D shootout

E90 eeks out competitors in latest C&D shootout

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3802

I find it noteworthy that the editors decided to comment on how many electrical gremlins the BMW had .. that's inexcusable.

I also was SHOCKED at the Lexus IS350's acceleration stats ... holy crappola and for AT LEAST $10K less than a fully loaded comparable 330i ... makes you go hmmm. If it TRULY IS sub-$40K --- isn't that cheaper than even an E90 325i that's fairly loaded?

Yes, Lexus might not have the feel of BMW ... but, BMW better get its act together ... Lexus made a nice jump forward and seriously closed the gap ... As always, Lexus usually comes out with a better vehicle than Acura/Infiniti.

If Lexus ever decides to add a third pedal, I think you'll see some migration. I think the editor's objections of the Lexus isolation is partly due to not having a third pedal -- with that third pedal, driver is definitely more involved and in tune.

I guess lexus decided that they didn't need the embarassment of a car that's something like two seconds slower to 60 than advertised.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Looks like BMW is getting some much needed competition in the sports sedan market. Whoever thought it would come from Lexus. It looks like Lexus has BMW in its sights. If I were BMW, I would be very worried. If Lexus ever cracks the code on controls (steering, brakes, etc.) that communicate with the driver, we may have a new winner in the fun to drive catagory.

I also found the comments about the electric gremlins interesting. I guess it proves the advice about not buying a car the first year it comes out. Give them a year or two to get the bugs out, then buy.
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Thread Information