Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Alignment Recommendation in N VA

Thread: Alignment Recommendation in N VA

Alignment Recommendation in N VA

I need to have my 1997 528i realigned after putting in new struts and springs. I got a quote from Curry's in Sterling for $210.00 for a four-wheel alignment. That seems pretty high to me, although I'm sure that they would do an excellent job.

Does anyone have a recommendation for someone else who does good work at a lower price?

Thanks - John

1997 528i 5-speed, Canyon Red

Banned
    Having watched my mechanic put a car on the alignment rack and do an alignment Curry's rate is not out of line. Just getting the car on the rack and things set up takes about an hour.

Question is do you really want to go cheap and take a chance of destroying the front tires or having the steering wheel slightly off.

Average alignment machine costs anywhere between $20 to 30K. Shop has to pay for it.

Now Curry's is not one of the shops I would recommend as my first choice for BMW service is NOVA and isn't my second or third choice either.

You could always go to Sear, NTB or Merchants!

Excluservice does a good alignment for ~$90. Curry's is better. Hillmuth does the best one I got before I started just doign the alignments myself.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Get mine done at Ultimate in Sterling . . .

Cost is about $110 and they do it right.

(703) 435-5000

45064 Underwood Ln # B, Sterling, VA 20166

Ken

Thumbs up Got it done...

I finally found that Red Line Motor Sports' new facility in Purcellville could do the four-wheel alignment on my 528i for $130.00. Tom was able to fit me in on a day's notice, and they did a good job and the car felt great with the new shocks and springs on the Shenandoah course this past weekend. Side benefit: they are only 4 miles from home so I got a nice run in after dropping the car off!

Thanks for all the replies.

cheers - John

Thread Information