Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
wheel lug refuses to loose

Thread: wheel lug refuses to loose

wheel lug refuses to loose

I cannot seem to loose the wheel lug. The forces I used is such that the whole car was moving (It was so easy on my toyota wheels).
    Questions:
    1. I am loosing the lug by using counter clockwise force. Is this right?
    2. Can I use a hammer or foot for mor force?

CCW yes. Spray some WD-40 type solvent on it. You need some break loose force - put a pipe over the wrench, bounce your foot off it like a springboard.
    Gary ex-spinmeister
    "Drift it, but don't spin..." Tanner Foust, Fed Ex 10/29/06

Don't use your torque wrench as a breaker bar... If one lug is particularly stuck, you may need to take it to a shop, if you don't have any way of extending the handle of your breaker bar (like 4wd said, a short pipe is a good cheater bar in a pinch, or part of the spark plug wrench in some trunk lid toolkits (E24, E28, E30, etc).
    t
    Technically, your lugs should be torqued to 75-80 ft-lbs. If the last shop that worked on the wheels wasn't careful or used impact guns exclusively, it's very possible that they overtorqued your lugs.

It was last serviced by that dealership on Rockville pike. No wonder.
    Thanks for your advice.

Are you referring to Very Overpriced BMW's?

who else?
    My mistake was purchasing my 530i CPO from them. Once they sold the car, they would never respond back to you. I have to resort to bmw customer relations to have them give me the service records (The sales said they did not have any records when I was at dealership to purchase the car!) and to fix problems they did not find during CPO inspections (Did they really do the certifying checks?).
    Then came this wheel lugs too tight. Still having problems loosing them with the stock wrench.
    Heck!

Thread Information