Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 10/15/2016 - Rockville Antique and Classic Auto Show

Thread: 10/15/2016 - Rockville Antique and Classic Auto Show

Hybrid View

10/15/2016 - Rockville Antique and Classic Auto Show

About the Event

Join the National Capital Chapter of the BMW Car Club of America on Saturday, October 15, 2016 from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on the grounds of Glenview Mansion when more than 550 antique and classic automobiles go on display. This will be our chapter's second year as a member of the Rockville Antique and Classic Car Show committee. We are looking to improve representation of the BMW marque at this event over last year's spectacular increase over past years. 31 car clubs are represented at this event. The show also has a flea market and car sales area.

This event is open to the public and admission is free for spectators. Food and drink will be available for purchase at the event.

View photos from the 2015 show.

Registration - Car Show, Flea Market and Car Sales

Registration opened on Friday, July 1, 2016. You may register by downloading and completing the attached registration form and mailing payment, or by completing an online registration form (service charge applies for online registration.)

Fees for the 2016 show are as follows:

Registration Type Early Fee (prior to Sept.11) Fee (after Sept. 11)
    Show Car $10 $20
    Car Sale Space $30 $40
    Flea Market Space $30 $40

Notes:

The last day to preregister your vehicle is Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 5 p.m. After this date registrations will only be accepted on the day of the event.
    MotorSportReg registration is not required for this event.
    James Laws
    Membership Committee

00 740iS, 89 635CSi, 88 M6
    92 850i, 84 745i, 84 635CSi

Went last year, was blown away...

A few months before the 2015 show, I saw an ad for another "municipal car show" on the counter of a local tire store, and decided to check that out. I found a total of perhaps two dozen cars, of which perhaps half were interesting. I expected the same from the Rockville show, but decided to go anyway because I was looking for a tool I hoped to find at the flea market.

I was wrong. I was totally blown away.

Someone brought a working Amphicar (and told me all about the experience of registering the same vehicle as both a car and a boat). I watched someone demonstrate the electric sliding doors on her Z1 and then walked downhill to a 1954 Kaiser Darrin (the first American car with a fiberglass body, and manual sliding doors...), which was next to an SLS AMG, after passing a Lotus Super 7 (the car Patrick McGoohan drives in the opening of The Prisoner, but this one was modified for autocross competition). I had a long chat with a guy who brought his wife's Alfa-Romeo 164 and another chat with a guy who brought his '71 Challenger Slat 6 and several long chats with the owners of a couple of Citroën DSes and a couple of Citroën 2CVs including one modified as a bakery van. I never got to talk to the owners of any of the dozen Panteras (never knew they made any with wings...) or the owner of the Cadillac V-16 or the Pierce-Arrow parked nearby, and hardly got to check out the Porsches at all, but darn it I just ran out of time.

Also, I had owned my E91 for six months, and conversations with the owners of the couple of dozen BMWs being shown convinced me to join BMWCCA and got me a membership brochure. (Thanks everybody!)

My point is, if the phrase "city municipal auto show" makes you think of a two-dozen-car affair, do not be misled. This show is FAR beyond that.

what model year bmws are allowed
    2015 335xi m sport

Quote Originally Posted by e90 awd View Post
    what model year bmws are allowed
    Last year, someone showed a Mercedes SLS that was, if I recall correctly, three years old. They're not sticklers about age.

can I bring a 2015 bmw to show
    2015 335xi m sport

EDIT: James - thanks for the clarification. I couldn't find that info at the Rockville show website.
    Last edited by John in VA; 09-12-2016 at 02:05 PM. Reason: new information
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

The show is open to vehicles up to and including the 1991 model year. You may bring your 2015 model to the show but it will not be permitted on the show field. You will have to park in the spectator lot. Occasional exceptions are made but they are usually for very low production, high dollar exotics.

James
    James Laws
    Membership Committee

00 740iS, 89 635CSi, 88 M6
    92 850i, 84 745i, 84 635CSi

James, if we pre-registered with the Rockville show site, do we need to do anything further to notify you or Paul or anyone else?? BTW, I have pre-registered my 3.0 CSi.

Doug Dolan

ok ty
    2015 335xi m sport

Quote Originally Posted by Doug///M30CSi View Post
    James, if we pre-registered with the Rockville show site, do we need to do anything further to notify you or Paul or anyone else?? BTW, I have pre-registered my 3.0 CSi.

Doug Dolan
    Since you're signed up, just show and enjoy the show!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Easily one of the best vintage car shows in the area is coming up in 2 weeks. The Rockville Antique & Classic Car Show is a huge array of cars from another era. 500+ cars are expected to display and each year gets bigger and better.

BMWCCA is also looking for display cars which meet the criteria of prior to and including 1991. Registration info: http://www.rockvillemd.gov/index.aspx?nid=667

Free to spectators and plenty of parking!

Another week of great weather means that this Saturday's Rockville Antique and Classic Car show should be awesome! The history of cars will be chronicled as 500+ are expected to display their cars of all makes and models.

If you have a vintage BMW (1991 and older), bring it out and be a part of this great show! Get there early and be a part of our display row of cars.

Registration closes TODAY at 5pm!!!!

If you have a vintage BMW (1991 and older), bring it out and be a part of this great show!

Pre-registration closes this Wed, Oct. 12 at 5 p.m. If you are planning on bringing a vehicle to the show, please pre-register. There is a
    very limited number of onsite registrations and the line will be incredibly long.

Registration information can be found here: www.rockvillemd.gov/carshow

Thread Information