Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Recommended Tuning/Mods Mechanic or Shop in Maryland (preferably) or Virginia

Thread: Recommended Tuning/Mods Mechanic or Shop in Maryland (preferably) or Virginia

Looking for a Good Tuning/Mods Mechanic or Shop in Maryland (preferably) or Virginia

I would appreciate suggestions for a good mechanic/shop in Maryland that has experience tuning, modifying and upgrading BMWs. I have found some places via Google search but would prefer to have a recommendation from fellow CCA members who have first hand experience working with someone.

Thanks,

-Vikas
    Last edited by VikAry; 06-30-2016 at 04:38 AM.

What specifically are you looking to do? Other than a supercharger, not much more you can do to an e92 M3 to make significant power increases.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Upgrading to the Brembo Big Brake Kit would be the first modification. I'm going to have to wait for the supercharger because I understand that there are other costs associated with it such as Oil and Intake Coolers, wider tires and wheels and possibly a wide body kit (and maybe other things that I'm not even aware of yet). I would like to work with one shop that can do it all and I have spoken with RRT but they are very far from where I live. BMW ExcluServ is an option, they are close by in Rockville but they seem to be relatively expensive.

You might check out S2 Dynamics and AKTIV Automotive

Quote Originally Posted by VikAry View Post
    BMW ExcluServ is an option, they are close by in Rockville but they seem to be relatively expensive.
    If BMW Excluservice in Rockville is close to you, S2 Dynamics is 0.2 miles to the south on the same side of the road. Another shop not terribly far from there is AKTIV Automotive in Gaithersburg.

Note: I've never dealt with S2 Dynamics beyond a very informative telephone conversation when I was trying to decide whether to buy the E91 I wound up buying (or the A4 Avant Quattro I passed on, or the Passat W8 I actually considered...) and I've never dealt with AKTIV Automotive beyond the two DIY events (including my very first!) I have attended there, so I can't really rate either one. But my limited interactions with both have gone well, and both seem oriented to the sort of tuning you want.

For myself, Scandinavian Import Servicenter took care of my previous car (a Volvo V40) for a decade, before I bought my E91, even before they became Mini-authorized and then BMW-authorized. They inspected my E91 for me. But they're not really into aftermarket tuning.

Thanks James; interesting you mentioned Scandinavian Import Center because their Operations Manager is very knowledgeable about modifying and racing cars but to your point tuning/mods services are not their forte. While they might not be able to tune/modify my car, their Ops Manager gave me some honest, unsolicited advice about spending money on modifying my car; he simply said to use that money in the near future to buy more seat time and budget for further mods after my driving skills have advanced to the level of my car's performance.

I'll look into the other shops when I'm ready to make upgrade my car but in the near term, it makes a lot of sense to mod my driving skills first.

Thread Information