Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
9/24/2005 Autocross Registration - Open - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 9/24/2005 Autocross Registration - Open

Quote Originally Posted by Diriclet
    I just struggled - never felt clean, except for the first run where I wasn't 'pushing' it...
    maybe that should be my plan of attack - just go slow
    Same here. The only run I felt reasonably comfortable with was my third run, right up until the point were I hit a cone on the last turn
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

I just noticed (can you tell it's a busy day at work) that only 5 of the 77 drivers had four clean runs. That tells me that some gates or sections were a little too tight.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    I just noticed (can you tell it's a busy day at work) that only 5 of the 77 drivers had four clean runs. That tells me that some gates or sections were a little too tight.
    It was fine for me. I coned in my usual spot for that lot (near the concrete). I think I must get nervous and do something odd with the throttle because the rear gets a little loose and I usually cone there.

I didn't notice that many cones in the tight spots. They were nailing the spots where they could go faster and taking out the outside gates when they overcooked the turns. It was a tough course where braking points were difficult.

How many people had clean runs in the other events?

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

I did but my times were poor, 56.7 to a final of 50.2. Wanted to break into 4X but didn't ask for a ride along till the third run.

Poor judgement on my point. Since there seems to be a decent auto X guys with good attendance could we add maybe 3 extra events in a year?

OR how about a practice day for car control? I was talking with the ECE guys that do the event at VDOT to get a contact about possibly see if they would allow use of the Commuter lot.

Davison Airfield is undergoing some changes right now so ramp space is tight and they are planning on doing some resurfacing. Mr Bennet the Airfield Manager said that as the winter progresses he would see if we could have one date as a tenative event. If that doesn't work I was thinking about the Ballfield in Manassas? Anyone approach them?

Great idea mtechnik3. I also would like to see 3 more events from NCC.

Teuton and Eric should head up this venture next year. I think we can squeeze 4 events in ... start in April and end in Nov. That's 8 events. Plus, do two schools.

I am sure they would organize things. Let's talk to them about it

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd
    I showed up on time.

...at Ripken.

:
    Ha! Me too! I hate having to call my wife to confirm what a knucklehead I am.
    I enjoyed the course, trying out a new car and breaking in a new motor. Thought the transitions thru the island were a *little* tighter than I would like. But I like to go fast...

At least you probably didn't go 100 miles out of your way to get there.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

How many people had clean runs in the other events?

---Eric[/QUOTE]
    In the previous event at Bowie 17 of 80 had 4 clean runs.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    In the previous event at Bowie 17 of 80 had 4 clean runs.
    When I first started autocrossing, I would rarely cone. Now that I am going (a little) faster I'm coning more. Maybe it is just because everyone has a little more experience later in the season.

Notice that most of the first place people in each class hit a cone in the previous events.

Then again, what do I know? Looking back at event one, I think about 8 out of 90 had 4 clean runs.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thread Information