Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Getting lighter

Thread: Getting lighter

Lightbulb Getting lighter

Other than taking off some more weight around my waist (my running milage has been down), what might be some good ways to lighten up the car for events? I already remove as much as possible out of the trunk, will the rules allow me to remove my rear seat?

I'm also thinking about getting some MOMO Street Racer front seats. Any other ideas for me to lighten my '74 200tii?
    Doug Ellmore,Sr.
    www.ellmore.net
    '74 2002tii
    '01 Z3 3.0

Banned
    You might want to check with OG Racing to see what the lightest weight seat they sell is. Also you can try it on before you buy. Depends on how original you want to keep car. You can try a lighter battery. You can save a few pounds with wheels. Saving weight always costs money. Lighter weight glass which for a car of your vintage may be difficult to find and Lexan maybe illegal for street use. And finally emptying the trunk.

Dave Apker

Quote Originally Posted by 74tii
    Other than taking off some more weight around my waist (my running milage has been down), what might be some good ways to lighten up the car for events? I already remove as much as possible out of the trunk, will the rules allow me to remove my rear seat?

I'm also thinking about getting some MOMO Street Racer front seats. Any other ideas for me to lighten my '74 200tii?
    Didn't you win by about 2 seconds at the last event? Wasn't that enough? If you keep beating us like that, the other people in our class might start having to mod our cars to keep up. I liked not having to spend money to be competitive (if you can call my results that). This season has really been forcing me to be a better driver.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Eric -

Don't you see what he is doing. He is trying to lighten the car so Andrea can beat you too.

Steve
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric
    This season has really been forcing me to be a better driver.

---Eric
    You call that being a better driver??? um...ok

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by SMOODY
    Eric -

Don't you see what he is doing. He is trying to lighten the car so Andrea can beat you too.

Steve
    I think she has been gaining a solid second every event. Now that she has started driving without him I wouldn't be surprised if she beat me. Of course I'm already prepared for that... http://www.turnzero.com/technical_re...cuse_generator

---Eric

Quote Originally Posted by hoyabmw
    You call that being a better driver??? um...ok

Kevin
    dang.

---Eric

Tires and wheels -- get rid of the unsprung weight, 1 lb unsprung = 10 lbs removed (typically speaking). For instance, if your wheels weigh lik 21 lbs now and you go down to say, Kosei K1's - 16 lbs (thinking 15") -- that's like saving 200 lbs overall ...

Any other ideas for me to lighten my '74 200tii?
    Your car has too much paint and metal. Stop washing/waxing it and let rust take car of lightening the car naturally. My car is a '91 and you can clearly see it is well on its way to being a very light car. If you need help, I might be willing to trade cars.

---Eric

You can review the rules for SCCA Street Touring here: http://scca.org/_filelibrary/File/2005SoloRules.pdf

Thread Information