Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Anyone interested in this type of format?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in this type of format?

Anyone interested in this type of format?

Hey guys, I was wondering if it is possible to design a course that say, allows 2 runs in one direction, and allows you to reverse it completely in the second direction for the last two runs.

Just a thought since we will have Ripken -- might be kind of cool to do that; thus allowing one to adapt to a different situation so quickly ... maybe do 3 runs each direction ... since, it should be cooler in Ripken time and we typically start around 9:45 but still finish at 2:30 ... so, if we started on time, we could probably give everyone 6 runs ... and make those FULL days since we'll have the lot to 5:00 p.m.

Just a thought ... might as well get our money's worth out of doing that lot ... maybe also charge $5 more for the two extra runs ... that's worth it!

One problem would be that there are a lot of novices who have enough trouble staying on course when going in only one direction.

For what it's worth, I like the idea... and I really like the Ripken lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    Hey guys, I was wondering if it is possible to design a course that say, allows 2 runs in one direction, and allows you to reverse it completely in the second direction for the last two runs.

Just a thought since we will have Ripken -- might be kind of cool to do that; thus allowing one to adapt to a different situation so quickly ... maybe do 3 runs each direction ... since, it should be cooler in Ripken time and we typically start around 9:45 but still finish at 2:30 ... so, if we started on time, we could probably give everyone 6 runs ... and make those FULL days since we'll have the lot to 5:00 p.m.

Just a thought ... might as well get our money's worth out of doing that lot ... maybe also charge $5 more for the two extra runs ... that's worth it!
    Swapping the start/stop cables might slow things down a bit. It would also increase setup time since we would need to test and adjust for both directions.

Yes, we have been finishing VERY early but since it is summer we haven't been completely filling all the heats.

Our first event at Ripken is Chapterfest. I think we should probably consider letting more cars in each heat since that event is typically full / overfilled.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Our first event at Ripken is Chapterfest. I think we should probably consider letting more cars in each heat since that event is typically full / overfilled.

---Eric[/QUOTE]
    But how many people will go to South Philly for this event?
    (of course I will be coming from Greensboro, NC for it)
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    It's not that far... At least the lot is nice. Maybe we will get some people down from Philly.

---Eric

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3
    Our first event at Ripken is Chapterfest.
    ---Eric
    Woody,

ChapterFest (the first Ripkin event) is in October.

The September event (the Saturday after O'Fest) is at Bowie.

See, you won't have a problem driving up from Greensboro.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar
    Woody,

ChapterFest (the first Ripkin event) is in October.

The September event (the Saturday after O'Fest) is at Bowie.

See, you won't have a problem driving up from Greensboro.
    Good call... I keep forgetting Oktoberfest is in September.

---Eric

9:45-2:30 and 6 runs?!?!?
    Man, I can't wait until I move.
    My buildup/teardown (ongoing)
    My Seller Feedback
    FOR SALE:

DIY List

Quote Originally Posted by old skool
    9:45-2:30 and 6 runs?!?!?
    Man, I can't wait until I move.
    9:45-2:30 is what we have been running lately but we have only been doing 4 timed runs. There was PLENTY of time for fun runs at the last event. Participation drops during the summer months. This is probably a good thing since standing outside in 100+ degree temps until 5 would be more than I could take.

We do run split heats so you work for 1/2 of the heat then drive the other half. This is a little different that other areas but we like it since people don't have to stay the entire day if they don't want to.

---Eric

Oh man....we have 150-175+ cars, you work half the day and it is from around 7:30-5:30, sun, or torrential downpours. Oh and we get 4 runs if we are lucky...very rarely do we get more than that.
    My Seller Feedback
    FOR SALE:

DIY List

Oh man....we have 150-175+ cars, you work half the day and it is from around 7:30-5:30, sun, or torrential downpours. Oh and we get 4 runs if we are lucky...very rarely do we get more than that.
    We run fewer cars, split the day into 3 heats and only require you to work for 1/2 your heat. We might start running more cars if events start over-filling again. The more people that show up and help setup/tear down/run the events, the more cars we can run or the more runs we can provide.

---Eric

That sounds awesome. How late into the year do you run events?
    My Seller Feedback
    FOR SALE:

DIY List

That sounds awesome. How late into the year do you run events?
    Our last autocross this year is November 19th.

---Eric

And I have to pay $37 right now. This just keeps getting better.
    My Seller Feedback
    FOR SALE:

DIY List

Thread Information