Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Upholster

Thread: Upholster

Upholstery Shop

Are there any good upholstery shops around the DC area? The lining on the all my pillars are peeling off and I need a shop to glue them back. I have tried a few glue products and they didn't do the job.

Thanks,
    TC
    Last edited by GoingFast; 06-16-2016 at 09:23 PM.

The problem with mid-90s & newer pillar & headliner trim is that the foam backing between the cloth & surface deteriorates, resulting in the loose & sagging cloth. Lim's (Tyson's & Chantilly) does good work, but they would undoubtedly replace the fabric vs. glue the original back into place. Many owners have replaced their cloth with some from the fabric shops, or gone to wrapping the pillar pieces with vinyl. You might want to price out new pieces from local dealers offering a club discount vs. having yours redone.

http://www.limsau.com/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thanks John for the recommendation and advice! The foam is still in perfect shape and no deterioration at all. The fabric no longer sticks to the pillar.
    Last edited by GoingFast; 06-16-2016 at 09:24 PM.

You might find that a spray contact adhesive will hold the cloth to the foam, but you can get bleeding of the glue through the cloth. Use light sprays to both the cloth & foam, and allow it to dry for a minute or so to get tacky.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information