Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Interested in buying an e46 for the track

Thread: Interested in buying an e46 for the track

Interested in buying an e46 for the track

I am interested in buying an e46 as a track car but have very little knowledge of what I should look for and who I can take the car to for pre purchase inspection.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to the car racing scene (went for the 1st time to Summit Point a few weeks ago) but really enjoy it.

-Vikas

Someone posted this buyer's guide from the M3 forums on another thread. I'm sure some of this applies to all E46s.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=189390

Sorry I can't be more help and no one else has posted. I sadly own an s2000 :P, but thinking about buying an E36 as a daily at some point in the next few months.

I thought doing some forum browsing might do me some good. If you have more general questions about what you should upgrade first or what to buy to prepare yourself and your car for tracking I may be able to answer those.

Though very old, that's a fantastic link to review from M3Forum. I think you should look for the same things in a track car you would for a street car, minus of course the interior which doesn't need to be in top shape.

I've done my PPIs at Martin Motorsports in Alexandria VA.

Thread Information