Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Highway Safety Course

Thread: Highway Safety Course

Highway Safety Course

Does anyone know when/if a highway safety course is being planned in the near future? I have a teenager at home who recently started driving and I want to put him through the classes so he "learns to drive".. the drivers ed classes at school are a total joke, as is the behind the wheel training. I'll probably also send the wife to it as well, and what the heck, I could probably stand a refresher myself.

Quote Originally Posted by vndkshn
    Does anyone know when/if a highway safety course is being planned in the near future? I have a teenager at home who recently started driving and I want to put him through the classes so he "learns to drive".. the drivers ed classes at school are a total joke, as is the behind the wheel training. I'll probably also send the wife to it as well, and what the heck, I could probably stand a refresher myself.

Usually the first day of the first driving school every year, so May or smth?

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by vndkshn
    If you don't want to wait until next year, BSR and CarGuys run safety schools year round.
    www.bsr-inc.com
    www.decisivedriving.com

Dan,

If you don't mind a drive down to VIR, we will be conducting two Street Survival schools (Monday and Tuesday) at the Danville Airport.

Street Survival is normally just offered to teen drivers, but for O'Fest only, they are open to all drivers. You could have the entire family participate, however, sharing a car is very difficult. Best thing would be to have you attend the driving school at VIR (a short drive from the Danville Airport) while your son and wife attend the Street Survival course.

Details on registration can be found through the link on the NCC home page or you can send me a note or give me a call (my contact info is on our webpage).

FYI, I'll be teaching Street Survival on Monday, participating in the Autox on Tuesday, and instructing at the driving school on Wednesday.

I'm also going to try to set-up another Street Survival course in the DC area for this Fall. I just need to find a good lot to use.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

Also Skip Barber does a New Drivers Course (http://www.skipbarber.com/driving_sc...ew_driver.aspx)

My wife and I just did the 2 day Skip Barber course, and had a great time, and learned a lot. Write up here : www.teamwtf.org
    Terry Carraway
    02 Topaz E46 M3 SMG
    00 Dakar M Roadster
    95 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
    SCCA Spec Racer Ford Red/White

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I am trying to find something in the two months, and this week and past weekend were not an option. I picked up my M3 on Friday from the PC.. so that definitely came first!

Thread Information