Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Drivers' School T-Shirts

Thread: Drivers' School T-Shirts

Lightbulb Drivers' School T-Shirts

No, this is not a complaint...

I fully understand that the cost incurred by printing shirts makes the drivers' schools lose even more money than they already do, but why does the NCC continue to ask for t-shirt size on the application? If anything, this only fuels the complaints about not getting shirts.

Alternatively, the board might want to consider creating a CafePress.com shop (AFAIK, they're free) through which participants can buy themselves an NCCBMWCCA drivers' school shirt -- that way the people who really want a new shirt can get one each year/school and it doesn't cost the NCC any money.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD

I fully understand that the cost incurred by printing shirts makes the drivers' schools lose even more money than they already do, but why does the NCC continue to ask for t-shirt size on the application? If anything, this only fuels the complaints about not getting shirts.
    Cost is not a factor with shirts. It is purely a logistical problem. Someone needs to design it. Call the order in. Distribute them. Store them for the next school. I do believe something might be in the works. I'm not sure for the next school but most likely next year. Cafepress is an idea since we can set the price to whatever we want. Even below cost.

I guess the T-shirt remains on the registration form out of habit and in the slight chance that we do shirts at the last minute.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD

I fully understand that the cost incurred by printing shirts makes the drivers' schools lose even more money than they already do, but why does the NCC continue to ask for t-shirt size on the application?

Just a thought.
    Dan,

Just to elaborate on what Steven said. No shirt for this year because nobody volunteered to coordinate the effort. Fortunately, we are already working on the 2006 shirts. We keep asking for shirt size on the application simply because it gives us the option of getting an appropriate size shirt (when we give out shirts).

I like the cafepress idea. Easy to administer and gives members a chance to buy NCC "goodies". Anybody have an experience with them? Either as a buyer or a seller?

Thanks for the comments. These discussions are an integral part of why we have these message boards.
    Rafael Garces
    NCC Street Survival Coordinator
    NCC Past President (2003-2005)
    '16 BMW 340i - Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Track Handling Package
    '13 Porsche Boxster S, Amaranth Red

I've bought a few things through CafePress before -- mostly SE Sharkfest paraphernalia and a couple of t-shirts. I don't recall any hassles or any significant wait times.

I was planning on trying out the custom/one-off design service for myself, maybe this week. I'll let you know how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafgar
    I like the cafepress idea. Easy to administer and gives members a chance to buy NCC "goodies". Anybody have an experience with them? Either as a buyer or a seller?
    I have an account where we are going to sell 13 month 318ti.org calendars for next year. They make it very easy. The cafepress store can also be incorporated in our website for a nominal monthly fee. But like everything else, it takes someone to do the artwork. The rest is easy.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    I have an account where we are going to sell 13 month 318ti.org calendars for next year. They make it very easy. The cafepress store can also be incorporated in our website for a nominal monthly fee. But like everything else, it takes someone to do the artwork. The rest is easy.
    I noticed that NJ chapter used Lands' End...

http://www.njbmwcca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=523

What do other chapters do?

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Thread Information